should a 17 year old still have their atendance tracked by the school

(29 Posts)
leah8001996 Sun 21-Jul-13 11:01:49

I don't think a 17 year old should as their an adult and should be able to make their own choice's about when he/she comes to school and what time he/she gets to school

chocoluvva Mon 22-Jul-13 10:53:40

At DD's school. The (Scottish equivalent of) the Y12s are not required to be at registration, but their attendance at timetabled classes is tracked. They must sign in and out of school if they miss registration or leave early.

Everyone who enters the building must either be registered or must sign in. It's a safety measure so that everyone can be accounted for in the event of a fire/other disaster.

I think all large buildings where a large number of people go in and out frequently work this way. Legal requirement I think.

I wish I'd had the option of asking questions on MN when I was a teen. Could have been very helpful.

Remotecontrolduck Mon 22-Jul-13 11:46:47

Yes in the same way if you have a job and don't turn up, you need to give a reason why or you get fired.

Same with signing in and out, as you have to do in a lot of places.

primroseyellow Mon 22-Jul-13 23:28:53

Yes.
Studying English might benefit you Leah.....

mumeeee Tue 23-Jul-13 09:31:27

17 is not an adult and yes they should still have their school attendance tracked, Adults have to turn up for work and if they kept raking time off they might lose their jobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now