Friends all away on holiday

(8 Posts)
Jimalfie Fri 19-Jul-13 20:57:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BackforGood Fri 19-Jul-13 18:09:03

Remind her if she wants to go places with her friends, to get on with it in the first week, then let her sleep - I know that's what my 14 yr old dd will be doing on days we don't need to be anywhere.

chocoluvva Fri 19-Jul-13 18:04:07

Could she perhaps take on responsibility for providing lunch or dinner for some of the days if you don't mind your kitchen turning into a bomb site ? She could plan, shop for the ingredients and do the prep/cooking.

Decorate her room (although just tidying would take my DD a fortnight)?

Give her money to take her brother on a day trip by train somewhere. They could choose where to go. A bit of responsibility and freedom too?

Day at a spa with you?

specialsubject Fri 19-Jul-13 10:34:58

taking up a new hobby or sport to see if she likes it - summer is a great time for taster sessions. Could also make some new friends too.

Madmog Fri 19-Jul-13 10:15:36

Are there any other girls locally she could contact? Do you have any family she could visit? Do you have any friends with teenage girls, maybe you could get together and do a day trip?

If she needs some clothes/toiletries you could do a shopping trip. Maybe see if she'd like a pizza with just you. Perhaps, you could give her the chance to earn a little extra money by giving her jobs to do and in turn she will have something to do - go and spend it!

Hope it goes okay. They're not easy are they?

felicity1971 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:40:42

Haha I've done this for the past two years - booked the 'wrong' two weeks for holiday. This year I've got it right, lucky me!
DS is never a problem, just whiles away the hours on xbox, but DD tends to hang around looking miserable and generally picking fights with her brother and creating a bad atmostphere in the house.
With Scarlett, I give her lots of jobs to do, take her shopping, visit cousins, day trips etc. You might find you actually enjoy some nice bonding time just the two of you :-)

dexter73 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:31:38

Leave her to get on with it!

Jimalfie Fri 19-Jul-13 09:29:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now