So I know she is lying, what now.

(82 Posts)

Found a towel in DDs laundry basket that is covered on urine.

It is yellow and stinks (is a white towel).

She said she found it wet like that in her bathroom yesterday!

It is not her or so she says,I told her it wasn't me. DH says it wasn't him so it must be DS. I told her he would be punished when he got on for going into her room and pissing on her belongings. She said not to do that as it was not him!!!

What now? Do we have someone who breaks in and pisses over things? Am I imagining it?

Dd has firm for lying about personal hygiene issues and for being a dirty little scrote!!

My bet would have gone on experimentation too.

valiumredhead Fri 12-Jul-13 19:10:01

I think the poor OP might have just faintedwink

AllegraLilac Fri 12-Jul-13 17:10:02

Oh - OP, if this is a masturbation thing, please don't be angry at her for lying to you. It it totally normal to hide how you masturbate from your mum!

Don't ask, don't tell when it comes to teenage masturbation!

AllegraLilac Fri 12-Jul-13 17:05:51

I know this is really out there, but a friend of mine is really into sexual fetishism involving urine/ wearing nappies/ infantilism and has told me stories like this about her teenage years and exploring this interest.

She'd wee on absorbent things and masturbate through the stream, or just wee because she had an interest in weeing and enjoyed it. Then as she got older, she'd fashion 'nappies' out of sanitary towels and bathroom towels and enjoy weeing like an infant would.

When she got older and was earning her own money, she'd buy adult nappies to wee in. Now, with her husband, nappies and urine are a major part of their sex lives - weeing on each other, drinking, wetting their pants.

I'm very sexually liberal and am genuinely interested about this practice, which is why I know so much.

Now I'd hate to assume anything about your daughter. I just thought I'd share some insight.

ExcuseTypos Thu 04-Jul-13 22:05:21

OP "Have told her handle is coming off bathroom door and I will be monitoring her washing habits as she will have to use my bathroom."

I hope you're not going to do this after reading all the advice that has been posted. Please do not do this.

DameEdnasBridesmaid Thu 04-Jul-13 21:39:46

Just interested.seems a bit bizarre to be replying to someone who is no longer reading. But hey like you say, it's a free world smile

valiumredhead Thu 04-Jul-13 21:29:05

Are you the thread police?wink

ll31 Thu 04-Jul-13 21:27:38

Clearly because we feel like it,it being a free world!!

DameEdnasBridesmaid Thu 04-Jul-13 21:25:05

Why are people continuing with this? The OP has said 'it's over, she's drawn a line and moved on'.

ll31 Thu 04-Jul-13 21:19:31

IngThink you are over reacting hugely tbh. Wash the bloody towel and move on. I really felt sorry for ur dd when I saw ur comment about her not changing sanitary towel enough.... Think you need to step back a bit and let her develop some independence and privacy.fwiw my mother was v like u in terms of demanding to know everything so I told her nothing. Still don't. Also, it's not her job to help you deal with whatever work issues you have,that's your job.

Robotindisguise Thu 04-Jul-13 18:06:48

Oh good grief. Look - she went to the loo in the night half-asleep and - for whatever reason (seat was down, sleepwalking) missed the bowl. And cleaned it up with a towel. It doesn't deserve a fit of the vapours. She was obviously very embarrassed about it so perhaps not so much Big Dealism in future? Sheesh...

scherazadey Thu 04-Jul-13 09:46:17

Really can't see what you're so worried about? It's not like you found a dead body or a towel soaked in someone elses blood is it? It's a bit odd but teenagers can be a bit odd. Poor girl! Would you want to explain yourself if this had happened to you?

Slipshodsibyl Thu 04-Jul-13 09:42:54

Just a thought - while I think weird things like this are fairly normal at this age - and fair play, it was in the washing basket! You mention you are pregnant. My mother had a baby when I was 12 and, despite already having siblings I had some odd, unspoken anxieties about being displaced; about not wanting to the a boy....etc. they all disappeared when he arrived but I wonder if this might be in the mix as well?

Thingiebob Thu 04-Jul-13 09:20:09

It's just wee on a towel. Not radioactive material.

WandaDoff Thu 04-Jul-13 09:13:15

She's not going to tell you because she is embarrassed I expect.

If you keep pushing though, she'll end up not talking to you about anything at all.

Teenagers are gross & they do odd things sometimes but you have to pick your battles & this one isn't worth starting WW3 for. I have two teenage boys & they are the most disgusting creatures, lazy, smelly & full of attitude.

Well done for drawing a line under it & do teach her how to use the washing machine, she's going to be an adult in 5 yrs time & needs to learn how to do basic household tasks for herself.

BabsAndTheRu Thu 04-Jul-13 09:03:58

iwasyoungonce That was exactly what I thought reading this thread. Actually think its pretty obvious. Poor girl, for god sake give her some privacy and stop quizzing her and yes yes to the washing machine idea. Find it strange that you would have been shocked at the reason for this.

fuzzpig Thu 04-Jul-13 09:01:57

Sleepwalking? I remember a friend telling me about her younger sister who'd got up while still asleep/half asleep and used the loo... only it wasn't a loo, it was a chair <grim>

Anyway I agree to just move on but try and help her with her hygiene issues. What's her self esteem like? Because while it is normal to go through a lazy phase it could also be that she doesn't think enough of herself to bother IYSWIM? i.e. it's not worth it. (that's what I have always felt like)

valiumredhead Thu 04-Jul-13 08:39:01

You need to quit with the no lying/confess business or she will never tell you anything and it will be completely counterproductive.

It's wee on a towel,which is no big deal really, CLEARLY she doesn't want to tell you and perhaps, as by your own admission you have issues, this is precisely why she doesn't want to say anything as you will find it (her sad) disgusting.

It was in the laundry basket so in the right place. Even a bit of wee would smell vile after a day or so in the basket, a wet flannel smells RANK and that's only water, so I doubt she actually stood over it and used it instead of the toilet.

The no lying thing is completely unrealistic and is ridiculous because we all lie whether out of kindness e.g. 'does my bum look big in this?' or ' oh fuck I've mopped up an accident, I'm so embarrassed I won't tell anyone'
No one tells the truth all the time and it's completely understandable that she didn't want to tell you.

Teenagers are pretty swanky, it IS like having a toddler around the house again as someone said upthread, all previous good behaviour goes out of the window and their brains are all over place. Honestly, if I had found a towel with wee on it in the laundry basket I would have bunged it in the machine and thought nothing more of it unless it kept happening.

Imagine if you had an accident OP and bunged your knickers into the machine to go through the next wash and your dh found them and made the fuss you are making, it would be embarrassing, wouldn't it?

Wrt personal hygiene - she needs to shower every day to get into a good routine, my ds is 12 and every day we have to tell him to go and have a shower,it just doesn't register yet that that is an essential part of the day - even though he needs 2 showers a day atm due to bad hay fever, it gets the pollen off him. It's not 'laziness' it's them not knowing how important personal hygiene is yet. So tell her to shower every single day without fail and you will be doing the sniff test wink if she doesn't, tell her she can't have her phone/telly/whatever.

Sorry, really long post! Hope you feel calmer this morning about it all smile

Branleuse Thu 04-Jul-13 08:11:24

Tell her that youve no idea how the towel got soaked in wee, but seeing as it did, she can do her own washing from now on,

CoalDustWoman Thu 04-Jul-13 08:08:47

Does she ever get any time in the house on her own? Where she can deal any mishaps without having to explain herself?

Pantone363 Thu 04-Jul-13 08:05:36

DS frequently wees in a cup or glass and leaves it in his bedroom, he doesn't like going doenstairs on his own in the morning and wakes up at 6.

But he's 5!

Moxiegirl Thu 04-Jul-13 08:00:08

It's wee on a towel in the washing basket. What I find disgusting is dirty pants complete with sanitary pad attached festering in the corner confused

flow4 Thu 04-Jul-13 07:51:07

Good. Well done. smile

And as for germs, well, there's plenty of evidence that many of them are good for you... And wee is actually sterile, or at least contains very few bacteria - potentially fewer than tap water!

Thank you.

It is over. Have drawn a line and decided just to show her how to use washer and to warn her of the impending doom if she starts to leave food un her room or doesn't dispose of other bodily secretions appropriately.

It's the germs that freak me out!

flow4 Wed 03-Jul-13 23:09:48

MmeC, you are very clearly horrified. Whatever the reason, she will not want to explain it to her utterly disgusted mother. I don't blame her; I wouldn't either. Would you?

What are you so worried by? That she has suddenly developed a desire to wee on things, and will embarrass you by getting 'caught' doing it somewhere other than her own room? Honestly, there are a dozen possible explanations that are more likely than that, from laziness through accident through infection to experimentation... None of them are a big deal. She's 13. Teenagers are weird. I promise you she won't start weeing on grandma's Persian carpet... Honestly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now