flow just needs a quick moment of pride! :)

(84 Posts)
flow4 Mon 17-Jun-13 16:50:45

My DS1 has just had his end of first year BTEC diploma results, and has bagged himself a clutch of passes, one merit and one distinction. smile

Anyone who has read my posts over the last few years will know we've been through a lot, and nine months ago (when he was taking drugs, getting arrested, stealing, being violent towards me and generally being a total arse) I could never have imagined this was possible. And more importantly, I know he couldn't either.

I am so proud of him for getting himself together and working so hard this year. It's really hard to believe it'll last, but I think he might have turned a corner. smile smile smile

FlyingFig Thu 20-Jun-13 22:58:44

<bursts in singing the theme tune to The Golden Girls> grin

Just wanted to give you a high-five flow4, considering all you've been through, you always manage to find the time to help other parents, with such sound and practical advice.

I posted back in about February about my DD1; things are still tough, but at the beginning of our journey, you (and others, but you especially) really helped me stay calm. From reading this board, I've developed coping strategies, learned that I'm not 'The Only One' and above all else, learned to detach from the bad and make the most of the good, thanks to you.

I don't really post on MN that much but when things are bad with DD, a quick search usually brings up a thread with a similar issue to ours, and more often than not, you'll be on that thread with fantastic advice, which is so helpfulflowers

So thank you; I'm over the moon for you and your DS, you've every reason to feel proud smile

Also, while I'm gushing, a huge shout-out to MaryZ. I'd always luffed her from reading her posts on other boards (especially her ability to sniff trolls out from 20 paces grin), but finding her over here, being so helpful and yet honest about her own struggles, well it's fair to say she gained so many Fonzi points I thought my laptop might blow up grin

Thank you for helping me keep on keeping on xxx

Minifingers Fri 21-Jun-13 19:24:38

Sorry to come to this so late Flow.

I am feeling your joy. I really am. smile

I wish your son every success. flowers

flow4 Sat 22-Jun-13 00:33:27

Hah, thank you Mini and Fig! I'm still feeling pretty chuffed! grin

willotess Thu 04-Jul-13 02:06:05

I have just found this thread Flow4, and I am so pleased for you and your Ds. So there is light at the end of the tunnel? Hopefully that pinprick of light I saw from my son today could be the start of something good too.

We are spending Saturday together - going to the Stones gig at Hyde park and though he has said it's weird for an 18yr old to do things like that with his mum, he has also said he's looking forward to it too. I have promised no mum dancing!!

All the best for the two of you x

flow4 Fri 05-Jul-13 04:57:17

Thanks willo! Hope you have a great time at the Stones gig... No dancing is a BIG ask - do you think you can stick to your promise?! grin

hollolew2 Mon 08-Jul-13 21:41:10

This post really made me smile well done to him and you! It's so nice to read someone's positive journey .

flow4 Mon 08-Jul-13 22:44:21

Thanks hollo. smile

nickstmoritz Wed 10-Jul-13 11:42:08

Very good news. Well done DS and well done you. I am finding the teen years the hardest bit so far so it is great to read your happy news. Congrats x

flow4 Wed 10-Jul-13 16:22:07

Thanks nick. And yes, I found 15-17 the hardest bit with DS1 by a long, long way...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now