flow just needs a quick moment of pride! :)

(84 Posts)
flow4 Mon 17-Jun-13 16:50:45

My DS1 has just had his end of first year BTEC diploma results, and has bagged himself a clutch of passes, one merit and one distinction. smile

Anyone who has read my posts over the last few years will know we've been through a lot, and nine months ago (when he was taking drugs, getting arrested, stealing, being violent towards me and generally being a total arse) I could never have imagined this was possible. And more importantly, I know he couldn't either.

I am so proud of him for getting himself together and working so hard this year. It's really hard to believe it'll last, but I think he might have turned a corner. smile smile smile

Ineedmorepatience Mon 17-Jun-13 18:04:04

Wow, well done flows ds and more the point well done flow for not giving up on him. You need a medal grin and some flowers

LineRunner Mon 17-Jun-13 18:07:00

Nice one, flow. That's great news for you and your DS. smile

It just shows that things can and do turn around.

MuchBrighterNow Mon 17-Jun-13 19:15:16

grin I am happy for you and your Ds.. Makes me feel more hopeful when I hear such positive news.

Well done FlowDS. Not to mention well done Flow for persevering and never giving up on him flowers.

flow4 Mon 17-Jun-13 20:13:13

Thank you, thank you!
>>bows, flourishes feather with which you could have knocked me down<< grin

DeathByTray Mon 17-Jun-13 20:15:44

thanks well done to you and your DS.

Onwards and upwards !!!

Fressia Mon 17-Jun-13 20:41:06

That's amazing , and a inspiration to me to know things can work out ok x

flow4 Mon 17-Jun-13 20:47:52

I'm glad Fressia. That's what I wanted. This time last year I was desperate for a bit of hope.

(And ha! That was my school motto Tray!)

SanityClause Mon 17-Jun-13 21:00:49

I remember your posts from back then, and I often read your posts, thinking how wise you are.

I'm so pleased he is doing so well.

herladyship Mon 17-Jun-13 21:04:33

thanks lovely news smile

flow4 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:13:43

Thank you herladyship and Sanity. blush

mumeeee Mon 17-Jun-13 21:49:46

Well done to your DS Flow and well done to you

mindfulmum Mon 17-Jun-13 23:56:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BackforGood Tue 18-Jun-13 00:07:44

Well done to Flow's ds, and, as others have said, to Flow for continuing to be there for him. It's great to hear when they pull things round after a tough time. smile

piprabbit Tue 18-Jun-13 00:20:21

I hope you have an hour of pride for every second of stress you have endured. And I hope your DS basks in your pride and continues to flourish.

flow4 Tue 18-Jun-13 05:24:40

Thank you mumee, mindful, Back and pip. smile

That's a lovely blessing, pip. I hope so too. 9 months on, I am still suffering from stress-related illness, so the teenage years certainly have taken their toll.

cory Tue 18-Jun-13 07:57:03

Oh that is lovely smile Well done, flowds- and well done, flow. You've hung in there! flowers

Thats brilliant! Well done flows ds and you for hanging in there and not giving up hope.

You inspire me and your posts give me hope for the future for my family.

All the best and keep going! X

flow4 Tue 18-Jun-13 08:26:12

Thanks cory and Ghosts smile

amumthatcares Tue 18-Jun-13 10:05:26

That is wonderful news. Well done to both you and your DS!! flowers

I read your replies too flow and I am struck by how clear, concise, non-judgmental, helpful and always spot on they are!! We know the troubles you have had and this has clearly given you the ability to advise and help so many other people on here. If anyone deserves good news, you do!!

Maryz Tue 18-Jun-13 10:47:18

Wow, just wow

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

You have (both) come a long way.

ds's results are due soon [wibble] But however he does, I'm still proud of him for seeing out the year and actually sitting the bloody exams - having been out of education since he was 14 it was a massive step for him to even try.

AnyFucker Tue 18-Jun-13 10:53:43

Good for you flow and good for your ds !

You have been an inspiration and a comfort for many of us going through the "teenage horrors"

There is light at the end of the tunnel, that is for sure

<good luck also to maryz >

If you don't mind, I would also like to report that my dd (this time last year complete nightmare ) has just got her end of year results at college and has bagged grades A, B, B for her mid course results smile

Maryz Tue 18-Jun-13 11:00:42

Isn't it amazing how sometimes they just grow up shock.

If only we could see into the future and maybe put them on ice for about five years we might not get so stressed about it all.

The majority seem to so ok in the end, leaving their parents as quivering wrecks.

chocoluvva Tue 18-Jun-13 11:28:26

What a lovely post smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now