Teenage depression -help!

(2 Posts)
ladyeve Thu 16-May-13 18:18:30

Hi, my dd was diagnose with moderately severe depression 5 weeks ago. She was prescribed anti-depressants and a short supply of sleeping tablets. She dropped out of year 12. None of that was a problem in that we didn't criticise her in any way. We made it clear that we loved her, would support her and help her to get better.
Slowly things did get a bit better. She managed to get a part-time job which will train her and give her invaluable skills. Slowly, slowly we thought.
Well, her anger and outbursts have returned and once again she is very unpleasant to have around and this is causing a lot of upset in the family. Turns out dd stopped her medication 2 weeks ago because she doesn't like taking tablets! She saw her GP last week and lied to him too!
I don't know what to do! I am at my wits end! I can't go through this again - we have had it for 2 years. I haven't got the energy for it.
Please help :-)

mindfulmum Thu 16-May-13 19:49:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now