Driving Test nerves - help for 18 year old plse

(6 Posts)
berrycake Wed 24-Apr-13 03:24:14

I actually think nerves are a good thing. When I took my first driving test I wasn't nervous at all, and I didn't pass it!
For my second one I was really nervous, but throughout the test I constantly thought in my head "what would my driving instructor be telling me to do right now?" and that really helped. I passed that one!
Good luck to your DD.

buckleberrybinn Tue 23-Apr-13 23:01:56

Ok thanks sashh dd can work on that. She's had some mock tests and passed those so is feeling fairly good at moment but support still needed esp the nearer we get.

sashh Mon 22-Apr-13 07:13:36

Take the stuff, but also use visualisation.

So before sleep dd needs to visualise herself driving the car on her own, the freedom etc.

You count back, from driving alone, taking friends on holiday etc.

Then a couple of days later she needs to think about how fantastic she felt after passing.

Then a couple of days later viusalising the end of the test and being told she has passed.

They key is to make it all positive, all good feelings, just for 5 mins a day, just before she goes to sleep.

buckleberrybinn Sun 21-Apr-13 22:01:29

Thanks Best - will look into that.

BestIsWest Sun 21-Apr-13 21:46:53

Aconite - I used it and so DD. From Holland and Barrett. We both passed

buckleberrybinn Sun 21-Apr-13 21:22:52

Hi - does anyone have recommendations for a little something to calm teenage daughter's nerves - test in 9 days. Just looking for mild, natural type remedy - Kalms, Bach Rescue Remedy - anyone tried them? Any help welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now