Instagram

(8 Posts)
Jimalfie Mon 22-Apr-13 09:12:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocoluvva Sat 20-Apr-13 20:30:58

bigTillyMint - I know what you mean, I think - they tell each other they're beautiful, hot, cute, sexy, say 'I love you' etc, unlike on MN wink. Are you maybe thinking of another forum for parents mts? grin

But seriously, I hadn't thought of that. I just feel that this excessive instagraming and FBing isn't healthy.

WishIdbeenatigermum Sat 20-Apr-13 19:13:15

grin@mts spotting the analogy with mumsnet.

bigTillyMint Sat 20-Apr-13 18:56:42

I agree, it's a teen thing.

DD, DS and all their friends do it all the time and are always (particularly the girls) posting vom-inducing comments about each other.

None of them seem to have low-self esteem!

chocoluvva Sat 20-Apr-13 09:11:48

There are thousands of accounts similar to DD's - why does anyone look at boringpic's of people they don't know?

And this business of getting likes - all those sites offering to get you more followers confused.

MTSgroupie Sat 20-Apr-13 01:57:22

It's not only teenagers that need validation from random Internet strangers. In case you haven't noticed, this is what largely goes on here on MN.

NatashaBee Sat 20-Apr-13 01:47:48

It's a teen thing, they all do it. I do agree with you though, it's sad that they need validation from random Internet strangers.

chocoluvva Sat 20-Apr-13 01:21:51

DD (16) is forever posting 'selfies' on Instagram and changing her FB profile picture. I know that lots of teenagers do this. Instead of studying she snaps any old random pose 'hair up',' new earrings,' 'air grab for my friend'.

I feel I must have done a poor job of developing her self-esteem as she seems to enjoy the 'attention' this gets her. Even though most of it is from people she doesn't know.

Why do people 'like' photos of people they don't know? I mean, there must be thousands of similar photos; self-portraits, plates of food, shoes, daft posed pics with friends etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now