Gap year travel

(4 Posts)
xxxxStellaxxxx Wed 17-Apr-13 16:27:47

Please help! My daughter is planning to travel to Thailand via Real Gap. Does anyone know/have experience of this company? And any tips on the best gap-travel companies? Advice much appreciated smile

ISingSoprano Wed 17-Apr-13 16:34:02

I have a friend in Thailand with Real Gap right now. She also went to South Africa with Real Gap earlier this year. From what she has told me the Real Gap organisation seems pretty sound.

JoannaJB Fri 19-Apr-13 10:01:54

They're absolutely fine...my daughter's been all over with them. A very reputable company! But if you're taking out travel insurance to cover your daughter and chances are she'll end up scuba diving or doing something "adventurous" (because they all do!), just make sure that you read the small print on your policy. I insured my daughter with True Traveller www.adventuretravelinsurance.co.uk but I've heard World Nomads www.worldnomads.com are also good for this kind of thing

specialsubject Fri 19-Apr-13 10:40:02

daughter going to other side of planet should organise her own travel insurance, with advice from parents. Responsibility lesson #1. And insurance is a must, not an 'if'.

an uninsured accident could mean you face the unattractive choice of losing your house or leaving the child in the other country. It has happened.

please make sure they understand what is insured, and that they are not covered if drunk.

another answer on your other thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now