Yay! I've survived his childhood!

(31 Posts)
flow4 Mon 15-Apr-13 07:57:50

My DS1 is 18 today. And I've lived to tell the tale! Parts of the past couple of years have been pretty grim, but he does actually seem to be growing up. smile And from now on, if he messes up, it's not my fault! Oh, I know that's over-simplifying things, but you know what I mean... grin I feel a real sense of relief!

Anyone else had powerful emotions like this as their kids reach their 18th birthdays?

Maryz Tue 16-Apr-13 18:52:01

Yes, I'm going to travel around the world, visiting mumsnetters and laughing dispensing wisdom as all their lovely toddlers turn into teenagers.

We can all go together, those of us who survive grin

I'm in grin

Maryz Tue 16-Apr-13 19:01:01

Do you know, we could have a lot of fun!

Here in Ireland pensioners have free travel. Do you get that in the UK? I can imagine free trains and mn sofas all over the UK would be a fantastic way to escape the kids spend my retirement.

gardeningmama Tue 16-Apr-13 19:56:24

Just wanted to send you best wishes flow, because over time, I have come across loads of words of wisdom from you on various threads and I always respect what you have had to say, so I think congratulations and a load of wine and flowers are due to you! My ds is a sometimes tricky (nearly) 16 and my dd (nearly) 12 so I've got a little way to go myself.

flow4 Tue 16-Apr-13 19:58:15

Funny! I dream of a camper van and an itinerant life, too... smile A reaction to all those years feeling stuck, I guess...

mrsjay Tue 16-Apr-13 20:14:02

a woman I worked beside bought herself a little 1 bed flat to stop her 30yr old son moving back home every time he fell out with his partner take note ladies get cracking on the house hunt grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now