Will the worries NEVER end. (Light hearted - sort of)

(27 Posts)
Doinmummy Wed 10-Apr-13 16:21:27

Friend of DD15has just passed his driving test. DD skipping about singing Yay ! I'll never have to walk anywhere again. I'm sitting here thinking bugger , how do I stop her getting in a car with him.

I'm not saying all 17 year olds drive like maniacs . But don't all 17 year olds drive like maniacs ??

She's been lovely lately ( have had trouble with her in the past) and don't want to spoil the fun but ....... Shall I sneak round to his house and knobbly the car?

I have a 17 year old DS about to take his test and he has friends all doing the same. I don't think I am going to sleep for the next two years.
There is a government proposal to impose stringent restrictions on young new drivers.
In Northern Ireland for example, novice motorists must carry an R-plate and are not allowed to drive faster than 45 mph until they have been driving for a year.
The UK proposals go further, they include a 12 month minimum learning period and a ban on carrying passengers other than close family for the first year. Won't be in time for DS1 though.

I have told DS I don't want him giving lifts to friends or going in their cars. I know how distracting it is for me to have a car full of 17 year old boys let alone an inexperienced driver. Not to mention the showing off factor.

Doinmummy Sat 13-Apr-13 16:24:39

I like the idea of speed restrictions .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now