14yr old dd just realised her parents have sex ...

(33 Posts)
QOD Mon 01-Apr-13 21:54:28

And is mortified and has cried.

Is this normal? Freakin Nora .... We're aware she's very innocent and immature, she read a text from dh to me, light heartedly requesting a "shag". My stupid fault, I was driving and asked her what it said ...

I think we will never be able to do it again, dh came up into the bedroom where I'm watching TV and she came right up behind him ...

Purple My mum has 7 kids and has only done it 7 times. She only does it to make babies obviously. grin I'm 22 and I tell myself that!

I used to send my little brothers in if thought mum and dad were at it to ask questions blush grin

Groovee Tue 02-Apr-13 14:52:56

My dd is 13 and gets very stressed when dh and I joke about "feather time" (linked to a joke in the film they get shown during sex ed). But I have pointed out to her that it's perfectly natural for people to have sex and that it is a lovely experience.

QOD Tue 02-Apr-13 15:43:03

Glad she's not the only one then!

No mention yet today but I will be taking the firmer, not really any of your business and grow up a bit dear line I think.

Funny, my parents were always at it, second marriage and all that. She's just very literal and young.

Startail Tue 02-Apr-13 15:59:12

I can't imagine an age at which my DDs didn't know their parents have sex. There is always jokes and banter here.

Cruder as they they get older, older but I can't imagine them ever being surprised.

My childhood home had paper thin walls. I used to ask Ddad if they'd had fun and DMum would pretend to be embarrassed.

She wasn't, she doesn't have a vulgar sense of humour most of the time, but she's the practical one who knew DH and I slept together on our first date and checked quietly we were being careful.She used to wandered in with breakfast in bed for us.

Star if my mum knows I'm going on a date she will text me to remind me shes doesn't wish to be a nanna again anytime soon grin

The hardest thing about telling my mum i was pregnant wasn't the fact I was going to have a baby it was the fact that she now had proof I had had sex grin

Startail Tue 02-Apr-13 22:46:14

My Dmum is a perceptive soul, when her quiet, but very determined DD starts staying the weekend with a 'boy' who she just met, who lives 80 miles away she knows it's serious.

I'd done plenty of going out dancing and drinking from 14 and had no track record of collecting bfs. One sweet, but boring one in my first year at university was the lot until I met DH.

sanityseeker75 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:51:56

When I was 16 (many years ago!) My best friend used to be so traumatised by the idea of her parents at it she went to bed with her walkman and headphones. Now she has 6 kids! Funny how she clearly got over it grin

MrsHoarder Wed 03-Apr-13 13:06:41

Is it possible that having hard she want conceived naturally she thought you'd never had sex? Just because of so many children thinking mum and dad only had sex enough times to account for all of them.

And lol asst proof to the parents that you have had sex. We'd been together years, married for two and dmil still pointed out shocked that this meant dh had had sex. Obviously only the once though wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now