17 year old DD and sex!

(14 Posts)
syl1985 Wed 03-Apr-13 02:19:56

No it's not weird that you feel strange about knowing that your daughter had sex.

I think that most people don't want to know anything about anyone's sexual life in the family.

Not from our own parents and not from our children.
But we need to take care of our children and be there when they need us. So we do need to sit down and listen. If they want to talk to us, about their sex life.

seeker Sun 31-Mar-13 18:41:01

Oh god, please no! <looks at gorgeous 17 year old dd and whimpers>

My son wont be having a gf/bf til hes 30 and he wont be having sex til I'm dead and buried!

Hes 3 at the moment so i get away with thinking like this.

My mum has only ever done the deed to make children. So she has only ever done it 7 times. I have to accept that due to been the oldest of 7. grin

Myliferocks Sun 31-Mar-13 16:55:55

tipp2chicago nooooooooooooo!
I'm quite liberal but even I wouldn't want to know if she was doing that.

There are limits on what a parent would like to know! grin

tipp2chicago Sun 31-Mar-13 16:52:57

You're very lucky.

She could be like the Irish teenagers who are, evidently, all having threesomes. grin

Myliferocks Sun 31-Mar-13 16:48:07

It's up there with thinking that your own parents don't have sex! grin

Bowlersarm Sun 31-Mar-13 16:47:08

It just doesn't feel right talking about your child's sex life with your child. My DS also 17 is very keen to chat to me about his sex life but I feel like putting my fingers in my ears so I can't hear!

However I know that the mature thing to do is to appreciate that he feels comfortable enough with me to want to discuss it, but it is difficult

Myliferocks Sun 31-Mar-13 16:47:05

I did feel a little glow Indith that she was able to tell me!

Myliferocks Sun 31-Mar-13 16:46:03

I was happy just thinking she had. I really didn't need her to confirm it. Seems far more real now!

Indith Sun 31-Mar-13 16:45:54

What they said!

Congratulate yourself on bringing up a dd who is sensible enough to use plenty of contraception and comfortable enough to talk about it with you.

Myliferocks Sun 31-Mar-13 16:44:50

Definitely Juneybean! grin

I knew she was growing up but that just seems to make her seem even more grown up iyswim.

Toasttoppers Sun 31-Mar-13 16:43:52

Because she will always be your baby, I think my Dad pretends both my dc are immaculate conceptions

juneybean Sun 31-Mar-13 16:42:23

Because she's your baby? smile

Myliferocks Sun 31-Mar-13 16:41:54

My 17 year old DD1 has just told me that she has had sex with her boyfriend.
I know she's legal.
I know they both used contraception.
Tmi from her but he used a condom and she is on the pill for her endometriosis.

So why do I feel so weird about the fact that she has had sex?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now