prom dress help

(11 Posts)
KLMT48165 Sun 24-Mar-13 21:18:44

Hi, I'm in my last year of high school, and it almost prom time. I ordered my dress online because I really liked it and couldn't find something that could compare.
Unfortunately, the white jewels on the black sash of my royal blue mermaid tail dress were sewn wrong and the white thread is visible. I intend to cover it with a large fake flower and ribbon but I can't think of a color that would match the boldness of the royal blue. Suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you.

rubyrubyruby Sun 24-Mar-13 21:24:37

So - the dress is royal blue and it has a black sash but you are covering the white jewels. So its now just royal blue and black - is that correct?

rubyrubyruby Sun 24-Mar-13 21:25:53

Can you link to the dress?

KLMT48165 Sun 24-Mar-13 22:27:22

I'm only going to cover the right side since the jewels on the left are fine, I was thinking of a medium/large silk flower.

KLMT48165 Sun 24-Mar-13 22:32:54
rubyrubyruby Sun 24-Mar-13 22:43:39

I suggest you repost this with the link in the Style and Beauty topic as many posters will have the teenagers topic hidden if they have younger children.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty

KLMT48165 Sun 24-Mar-13 22:48:44

Alright, thank you

Startail Sun 24-Mar-13 22:57:48

I'd simply replace the sash with a piece of black velvet, possibly with a big black flower with a jewelled centre. My teen DDs facinator for weddings is like that.

Personally I'd raid my local markets and charity shops for the biggest bling broach I could find and make a flower to scale.

Loads if fabric flower tutorials in Utube.

Startail Sun 24-Mar-13 22:59:53

Then you want jewelled necklace and earrings to match and comfortable shoes.

I know you won't listen to that last bit of advice grin

It's a lovely dress, have fun!

rubyrubyruby Sun 24-Mar-13 23:02:20

Good advice startail - but I think earrings and bangle/bracelet not necklace.

Startail Sun 24-Mar-13 23:05:16

I have tiny hands bangles never fit me, but yes it could look very elegant not distracting from the dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now