DD 14 texting older boys

(9 Posts)
Jimalfie Fri 15-Feb-13 09:31:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocoluvva Fri 15-Feb-13 11:32:54

You're probably fussing over nothing smile

Teenagers seem to put kisses after their texts as a matter of course and endless texting is normal these days - unfortunately.

When my DD was 14 she had a texting curfew, but we lifted it when she was 15. Late night texting is a problem for her - she can't keep off her phone. It can't be healthy.

Some of the network providers will let you itemise the bills if you're on a contract. The numbers texted will appear with the time they were sent. T-mobile charge £1 a month for this service.

mrsjay Fri 15-Feb-13 13:26:38

I thought they were way older 15 is nothing older boys are attractive don't sweat it she is at an age where she is wanting a bit of privacy and probably doesn't want you knowing she is texting boys, I would do a curfew dd2 is 15 and has 1 especially on a school night and I also turn the wifi off,

Im impressed you managed to prise the phone off her for a nosey grin I would keep checiking it from time to time but it really is nothing, all I have said is hindsight right enough I was a neurotic wreck with dd1 and always worried about everything she is nearly 20 but I did check her phone sometimes, I had to get dd2 to delete a guy off her facebook. apparently he is a friend of a friend but he is 23 no way was I having that

chocoluvva Fri 15-Feb-13 14:21:24

I thought they were going to be older than 15 too!

mrsjay Fri 15-Feb-13 16:18:24

dd has just turned 15 next month their will be 16 yr old boys and girls in her year a4 and 15 is the same age group really

Jimalfie Tue 19-Feb-13 15:46:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

someoftheabove Tue 19-Feb-13 19:13:12

Is it just me who thinks it's not ok to look at someone else's messages as a matter of routine? If I really felt I couldn't trust my dcs and felt I had to look at their messages, I would tell them I was going to and explain why.

ProlificWillyBreeder Tue 19-Feb-13 19:27:01

I'm with someoftheabove although I understand why are you worried I just don't think I would have gone through my DC's phones without having serious cause for concern and them knowing about it. Snooping doesn't tend to bring good news.

chocoluvva Tue 19-Feb-13 20:41:09

The issue of respecting teenagers' privacy is so tricky nowadays. When we were that age we didn't have the option of all this privacy - no facebook or mobiles. My mum always knew who I was hanging about with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now