DD 15, wants to stay over at boyfriend's

(30 Posts)
lissa6 Tue 01-Jan-13 13:36:31

Can anyone offer some advice, I'm an old fashioned mum,and want my DD to be 16 before staying over at her boyfriends. She assures me nothing will happen, and they have been together for 18 months. Also have younger DD who will watch any developments for future use. She is only 3 months off 16, am I being unreasonable to say no?

tinkerbelllisa Sun 06-Jan-13 20:10:30

Hi there

I agree with Amberleaf on the sex doesn't only at happen at night!
But maybe an idea to have that difficult coversation with DD and get it all out in the open
Good luck !
xx

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sun 06-Jan-13 20:19:10

SimplyCupcakes - it all sounds lovely and I think it's nice and if/when they do get into a sexual relationship it wont be 'just sex' as they really seem to care about each other and frankly for me that's far more important than the date on their birth certificates. I would be concerned though that DS would feel tied into the relationship in a way he wouldn't if she didn't stay so I would discuss this with him.

BlueBowTie Mon 14-Jan-13 15:23:39

Let her as it will increase good relations between you and honestly they probably won't be doing anything new but if you're worried let her stay over but make sure the parents are present.

ConnieM1970 Mon 21-Jan-13 15:15:51

I don't think the age on the birth certificate is as important as how mature they both are. Every parent has to do what they are comfortable with and if you are uncomfortable with it, tell them so. I'd be ok with it but follow your gut.

Jimalfie Tue 22-Jan-13 09:33:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now