Ask.fm

(13 Posts)
Jimalfie Fri 30-Nov-12 11:22:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ask.fm is just away for people to get attention and I would advise your daughter to just completely ignore any hate and not take it personally because usually its just random people who need attention. I'm glad shes only getting complements for it but I'd tell her to quit while shes ahead and just delete Ask.fm.

StressedoutMotherofTeens Fri 30-Nov-12 23:15:18

I totally agree. It is vile. Youngsters use it because they can hide behind the anonymity. Sometimes responses are good sometimes not. Unless they can really understand that some people are horrible and will write horrible things (true or not) then get them to delete it.

SoggySummer Sat 01-Dec-12 21:16:54

I have heard some very very disturbing stuff about this website. I would not condone my DC joining Ask.fm.

As a teenager I would never go on it as its basically a breeding ground for cyber bullying. I'd advise you to not let your kids on it smile

Godknows1234 Sat 15-Dec-12 01:31:00

You can set it so that people are unable to ask questions anon. You're better off doin that

MaryChristmaZEverybody Sat 15-Dec-12 23:24:23

The sad case of the two sisters who committed suicide in Donegal has been linked to ask.fm.

And a case of serious bullying in ds's school was also due to the site.

You can't stop your children from accessing it, I shouldn't think. But it is a good idea to suggest that they don't use it if they can't cope with the likely eventual abuse. The awful thing is that both of mine (who are pretty confident and don't mind too much about others' opinions) have deleted their accounts having realised what was happening, but other more unsure children have kept them, continually hoping for nice stuff sad

its vile

LynetteScavo Sun 16-Dec-12 10:06:13

DS1's high school has asked that we ensure our DC delete ask.fm from any device they own.

AmazingDisgrace Tue 05-Feb-13 15:07:59

I know this is an old thread but Ask.fm is rearing its ugly head again round here. We've banned it via our home router. Some of the abuse on there is astounding.

Two daughters of friends of mine were horrifically bullied on ask.fm. It's anonymous so people can basically say what they like. The bullies would tell these girls that they were ugly, fat, go and die, they would attack members of their families.

Awful site.

Lollybrolly Fri 08-Feb-13 12:27:22

I have heard nothing good about this website. Sounds horrendous. I have asked my girls not to use it and the school have also sent warnings home about it.

The more I hear about this site the more I think it should be banned.

kaumana Tue 12-Feb-13 19:02:13

This site has caught the eye of my DS 14 year group. Nasty & vicious cyber bullying and grooming going on. Most kids have been sensible and deleted their accounts but not all teens are sensible.. There is nothing postive to be said about this web site. A quick google search + a random name will give you an idea of how toxic it is.

Our school has also advised the parents of the dangers of using this site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now