Mosh pits...

(9 Posts)
BlackDahlia11 Tue 20-Nov-12 23:20:36

Mosh pits are fantastic. Been in them, circle pits, walls of death, all good fun. If anyone falls over they get hauled back up straight away. I have fallen many a time and always been picked up by some lovely burly fellow metallers! I know they sound dangerous but they are great fun and generally folk only get a few bruises. I am 28 btw and been doing it for years. We all look out for each other. Walls of death really aren't that bad although they sound dramatic.

LongTimeLurking Sun 18-Nov-12 08:13:05

Seriously?! There have to be more important things you could be worrying about...... pregnancy, drugs, GCSEs/school work....

couple of hours jumping around with like minded teenagers is hardly a high risk hobby is it.... Plus at 16 you have to let them make some of their own risk assessments.

usualsuspect3 Sat 17-Nov-12 16:55:45

Mosh pits are dangerous, but My DS seems to love them grin

webwiz Sat 17-Nov-12 16:53:22

Had a trip to A&E with DD2 with a suspected ruptured spleen after being slammed against the crash barrier at a gig. Fortunately it was only bad bruising but it took ages for her to recover fully and put her off being right at the front. It was some tame indie pop group as well (can't remember who now) but the crowd were a bit wild hmm

mine too, and the wall of death shock which i didnt know what it inovlved. i doubt people get too badly hurt do they?

CanYouHearMe Sat 17-Nov-12 16:38:27

Yep mine goes in them too. I hate it.

skyblue11 Sat 17-Nov-12 15:30:45

Oh No don't get me wrong, I love a good gig, just don't want her to get trampled on or get her teeth knocked out of her head!

Are you serious?
I can think of worse things to do that have a mad half hour jumping around with like-minded people to good music.

skyblue11 Sat 17-Nov-12 15:06:19

My DD, 16 had developed an unhealthy taste for them, even admits to doing 'the wall of death'. She said she wasn't hurt but admitted later she got banged on the head. She's normally really sensible so I can't understand why she'd risk getting hurt. Anyone else experience this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now