Tropicana Why?

(12 Posts)
TheWishaTree Fri 28-Sep-12 20:46:22

The Tesco version of Tropicana was very nice, I had to buy it one day because they had run out of the Trop flavour we liked. Just buy that one time and say they'd run out of the other.

I only buy Value as DS drinks it like water and not great for their teeth either.

forevergreek Tue 25-Sep-12 13:12:10

The innocent orange is v v good and although the same price at tropicana is more often half price smile the one with bits in has 11 full oranges or something

theredhen Tue 25-Sep-12 13:04:21

Buy the cheap stuff and be done with it. If they don't like it, they can drink water. Don't pander to it, tell them to buy it out of their pocket money. You'll see how fussy they really are when they have to pay for it themselves!

Why didn't I think of that?! We go through GALLONS of Tropicana!! ( four teens!)

Mydogsleepsonthebed Sun 23-Sep-12 14:42:53

Oh god yes. Has to be The Most Expensive Brand of Whatever. I may do the filling up thing.

Mrsjay Sun 23-Sep-12 14:40:17

Dunno they all seem to be drinking it DD2 buys little bottles at school don't buy it for home much and when its gone it is gone,

chocoluvva Sun 23-Sep-12 14:26:09

Cheers for Squirrels!
DD told me that my new shirt was quite nice, but a bit young for me and it looked like it might have come from Jack Wills.
It was from M+S (her pet hate shop) and cost £12 - result grin

I did the brand thing with cola once.
I went out and bought a can of every variety of cola I could find, with or without sugar and from Pepsi to Value brand.
Blindfolded the boys and did a taste test. It proved to them that the top brand was not necessarily the best.

iklboo Sat 22-Sep-12 20:41:20

Buy a bottle of Tropicana once. When it's empty, fill with supermarket own brand. Repeat ad infinitum.

chocoluvva Sat 22-Sep-12 20:34:27

Yes.
But it's vair nice.
Maybe you could do a taste the difference 'blind' test with another own brand - hopeful.

orangeandlemons Sat 22-Sep-12 18:03:05

Why?

Following on from the Teenager as Toddlers thread.

Why does it have to be Tropicana and NO OTHER?

I appreciate I am becoming a trifle obsessive here, but ithas long been a thorn in my side and I need to know.

Is it because it is the most expensive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now