Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

In what ways is MAN FLU worse than Swine Flu?

(53 Posts)
MrsMerryHenry Tue 14-Jul-09 20:18:20

grin

NB to anyone considering saying 'Actually, no-one's ever died of Man Flu': this is a light-hearted thread! Okay?

As you were.

Man flu is worse than swine flu as no woman will ever experience that sort of pain. grin

nominated for quote of the week smile

MrsMerryHenry Tue 14-Jul-09 20:27:21

grin inspired, wmmc!

<bows> perhaps we should be wishing man flu on that midwifey bloke who reckons we should do undrugged birth? grin

MMHenryestMadameHenriHeureuse Tue 14-Jul-09 20:33:15

I think just a long, slow labour should do the trick, wmmc. Through his ass hole!!!

<<ouch-icon>>

grin

MMHenryestMadameHenriHeureuse Tue 14-Jul-09 20:34:55

I say this as a woman who did labour with no drugs. Well, unless you could a single paracetamol in 48 hours as a 'drugged' birth.

IMO when it comes to pain management in labour, all men (no matter how lovely, thoughtful or well-meaning) should sit down and keep their mouths shut.

JackBauer Tue 14-Jul-09 20:35:29

Man flu is worse as no vaccine has ever been found.

Quattrocento Tue 14-Jul-09 20:35:54

Possibly the families of those afflicted with Manflu suffer more than those afflicted with swineflu?

MMHenry - with people coming in every twelve hours saying 'ah you've hardly started, go home and come back in three days' grin

And randomly sticking their hands up his bum and scratching around like a chicken looking for feed hmm

MMHenryestMadameHenriHeureuse Tue 14-Jul-09 20:42:14

grin grin grin at wmmc

And threatening to get the shears out if he doesn't push hard enough!

ROFL ROFL

JB - nor will ever be found!!

Quattro - you might be onto something there!

JackBauer Tue 14-Jul-09 20:42:20

wmmc - <sprays wine on keyboard>

quimotivemonchocolat Tue 14-Jul-09 20:56:49

<waves at Aitch who is lurking on this thread> grin

TDiddy Tue 14-Jul-09 20:57:43

so what is Man Flu ? grin grin grin

JackBauer Tue 14-Jul-09 20:59:37

SPLAT!

(Did I get you?)

(sorry MMH)

MadameHenriHeureuse Tue 14-Jul-09 20:59:42

TDiddy, I gather it's one of the worst diseases known to Man...

quimotivemonchocolat Tue 14-Jul-09 21:02:31

Man flu is the phenomenon wherein one sneeze a plague affects a poor lazy soul who then needs to recover in the reclining position for several days. Usually several items of medical equipment are required to aid recovery, these include: (1) a television remote; (2) hand prepared snack foods (served a la toddler 'no, not in the blue plate, I want the white one' mode) (3) acres of wide sympathy while also managing all kids and household tasks.

NB it is very dangerous for anyone recovering from swine flu to take out the bins or risk any form of exertion, unless the cup final rule in is progress. In the case of the latter, a recovery may be seen fairly fast but it is common for relapse to occur, particularly if the patient's team loses.

TDiddy Tue 14-Jul-09 21:04:58

heck- are you some kind of medically trained person. Have had that and DW thinks i am fussing about nothing.

Quattrocento Tue 14-Jul-09 21:05:55

there's something wrong with that name

motive? french very rusty but motive sounds wrong in this context

sazzerbear Tue 14-Jul-09 21:06:33

This sums it up - a classic! www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

MadameHenriHeureuse Tue 14-Jul-09 21:08:10

Don't be fooled, TDiddy - I think qmmc just copied it from the BMA website, the cheat. Now you rest your poor weary little head and let mummy make it alllll betterrrrr...!

wink

TDiddy Tue 14-Jul-09 22:12:56

sazzerbear/MadameHenriHeureuse- grin grin

getting flasbacks here

<<quietly leaves the MN room and tucks back up in bed>>

lisad123 Tue 14-Jul-09 22:15:13

man flu is soooo much worse as we have to endure the moaning, where as if we have swine flu we would take to bed and sleep.

TDiddyIsaMan Tue 14-Jul-09 22:16:25

In order to bring due recognition to the men suffering from this incurable condition, I have changed my name. Thinking of setting up a charity to help men cope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now