Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swine Flu jab not for Under 5's again

(6 Posts)
Littlepumpkinpie Tue 16-Aug-11 12:07:15

My boys will be having thiers done privately again this year. DS1 travels to and from school by public transport and in a bid to keep his sickness level lower at school I will be getting it done as soon as I can. DH can have his done at GP surgery but has decided that he will pay for his at tesco when I have mine done. The reason being he has to make an appointment during surgery hours and loose money to come out of work to get it done so its works out cheaper to pay for it really smile

dikkertjedap Sat 18-Jun-11 21:51:33

If you are concerned you can arrange for under fives or yourself to have next season's flu jab privately.

Semolina2 Sun 05-Jun-11 12:49:11

Yes, as with last year they will be offering the seasonal flu (to cover swine flu) to pregnant women

saltyseadog Sat 04-Jun-11 18:51:03

Are pregnant women still considered one of the at risk groups?

meditrina Sat 04-Jun-11 18:31:03

There will be no/no swine flu jab next season.

It'll be covered in the seasonal flu jab - which has never been available to under fives.

HPA site has the stats for flu outbreaks (despite being a tragedy for this afflicted, the death rate was low last season) and all the minutes of the JCVI where decisions on availability on NHS are made.

What interests me, though, is whether GPs will get their ordering right this time round. It won't say much for their ability to commission for more complex budgets if there are problems again (not saying all GPs messed up lat time, simply that enough did for it to be concerning).

Semolina2 Sat 04-Jun-11 09:30:23

I see from the HPA website that they haven't changed their minds about giving the jab to under 5's for this coming winter. Same groups as last year. So same panics and questions. They must be really sure?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now