Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is swine flu still around?

(6 Posts)
said Sat 28-May-11 14:47:08

I suppose it is, never goes away? But I am now laid up in bed with all the symptoms.

rocksox Wed 01-Jun-11 13:07:52

How are you feeling? I don't know if it's still around but I have been sick since last Friday with all the symptoms - hope you're over the worst. Whereabouts are you? I'm London so don't think it ever goes away.

said Wed 01-Jun-11 15:16:35

Oh, poor you. Not sure what I had tbh but I was so knocked out on Sat (all day in bed and that never happens to me), fever came on pretty quickly on Friday afternoon/evening. Presume it wasn't flu as I was able to get up on Sunday but still have a silly husky voice and tight chest.

bubbleymummy Sun 05-Jun-11 19:16:06

It may have been - it isn't always serious and some people have it completely asymptomatically! The whole 'you can't get out of bed' thing is a myth. Glad you're up and about again! smile

GentleOtter Sun 05-Jun-11 19:19:52

What are the symptoms?
Our entire family have been really ill for almost two weeks and now we seem to be coming down with the same thing again - vomiting, chest infections, runny noses, hacking coughs, temperature, aching limbs and tiredness.
How long does it last?

bubbleymummy Mon 06-Jun-11 12:52:29

I think it's on the NHS website - they're the same as flu. Some people can shake it off after a few days other people may take a week or so to recover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now