Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Oh my I am so ill

(6 Posts)
hobbgoblin Sat 05-Feb-11 11:07:43

I think I have flu. started with a cough and by the same night had a temp of 39.5, aches, chills and feeling exhausted. Same again yesterday but accomapnied by headache and sneezing fits. Not sure how I managed to drag children to school.

Also feel very confused and slow.

I called GP to see if I could get any anti-virals but he said no. I almost begged. It is just nightmarish with 4DC to look after plus non walking baby. I just don't have the energy to lift her.

Is there anything I can do when all the advised stuff like resting is out of the question?

HumphreyCobbler Sat 05-Feb-11 11:25:17

you need to call in some help if it is at all possible

hope you feel better soon

cakeforbrains Sat 05-Feb-11 12:01:55

I had flu last month and I wasn't capable of looking after 2dc, let alone 4 and a baby. Is there anyone you can beg to look after some or all of the dc, even if its just a few hours so you can sleep?

dikkertjedap Sat 05-Feb-11 15:48:08

Yes, you will definitely help, there is no way if you have flu you can be expected to safely look after 4 children. If necessary you DH may need to take leave or other family or friends? It is not fair on you and not fair on the children, plus ideally you would like to minimize contact between you and children - alltough maybe a bit late for that now. Hope you get better soon.

ChickFlit Sat 05-Feb-11 16:02:11

I feel for you, I'm just coming out of the other side now after 7 days of being laid up. Am a single mum, but fortunately for me the DC's were laid up to, three of us have just been lying in my bed for the last week. Fortunately they haven't wanted much food either but it's been one of the hardest and most horrific weeks of my life.

Get help. You cannot do this on your own with flu - are you near any of us who could help you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now