Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vaccine for baby in Glasgow?

(5 Posts)
turtled Thu 20-Jan-11 11:17:44

I am trying to get my dd (9months) vaccinated because my sister (who we live with) has a immune disorder but cannot get the vaccine herself due to allergies.

I have tried a few places but can't find anybody who will do the jab under a year old.

Does anybody know anywhere i could get it for her? Has anybody had any luck getting a private pescription form their GP?

lucybrad Thu 20-Jan-11 17:02:17

I thought that people who live with immune supressed people could have the vaccine on the NHS. Check with your GP. Im sure if you explain, if they have any theyll let you have it.

HotSprocket Thu 20-Jan-11 17:07:49

I have tried the GP. They are hesitating because me living with my sister isn't a pernament arrangement an there is no 'proof'. I maybe just got a grumpy receptionist though. I am going to try going in to really push for it.

Idlewild Thu 20-Jan-11 20:15:04

Can you get yourself to Edinburgh? Medical alternative in the Dean Village (15 mins or so walk from Haymarket Station) will do it for £60, £30 per jab, as they need 2 of them

lucybrad Fri 21-Jan-11 15:20:00

Dont be fobbed of by receptionists! Speak to the doctor on the phone if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now