Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mmr and flu jabs two weeks apart

(10 Posts)
jussi Fri 14-Jan-11 19:35:57

does anyone know if it is oaky to have these jabs so close together. been told okay but have also heard should be staggered by a month.
what do you think?

jussi Fri 14-Jan-11 19:37:38

its for my 14 month old and 3 year old by the way.both had mmr and mmr booster 2 weeks ago and got flu jab booked for tomorrow.

highlystrung Sun 16-Jan-11 11:05:00

I'm wondering the same thing. DD got flu booster in a weeks time and MMR two weeks after that. Doctor told me was fine as flu not a live vaccine, nurse said a month and then said two weeks after I said what doctor had said. Aargh!! Think I might go half way and delay MMR by another week to three weeks (dD will be nearly 15 months by then).

onimolap Sun 16-Jan-11 11:10:30

As long as you do get the MMR, a few weeks' delay is highly unlikely to matter at all.

Sirzy Sun 16-Jan-11 13:41:52

From what I can tell it's fine. Ds is 14 months and had his flu jab last week, in 3 weeks he is having his 12 month jabs, 3 weeks later flu part 2 then 3 weeks later mmr!

The nurse said he could have flu and 12 month together and then other flu and mmr together but a slight gap would be better

Bobbiesmum Tue 18-Jan-11 22:10:33

My son just had both today, high fever now though.....

BagPuss71 Thu 20-Jan-11 18:12:42

My DD had swine flu jab and MMR jab about 12months ago. I was told to do swine flu jab first and leave 4 weeks before doing the MMR. This is what I did and she was fine, no reaction to either.

Bobbiesmum Thu 20-Jan-11 22:16:57

Oops sorry we had hib/men c and swine flu. Still high temp though ....

KerryMumbles Thu 20-Jan-11 22:23:44

i wouldn't do it for a million pounds...

bubbleymummy Thu 20-Jan-11 23:23:53

I'm with you Kerry. I wonder how many safety studies have been done into this combination of vaccines. hmm my guess is zero.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now