Research Opportunity for London Teens!

(7 Posts)
ResearchStudent91 Thu 10-Nov-16 17:28:46

Hi all!

I'm a psychology student at University College London. Right now I'm working on some research for the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, and we're looking for 11-15 year olds to volunteer as participants. Participants get up to £30 compensation for 3 hours in the centre. It's a really great opportunity for kids who are interested in science (especially in neuroscience) to see how research is conducted, as well as earning a little money!

The study is conducted by Dr Dorothea Hämmerer of the Clinical Neurophysiology and Memory Group, and takes place at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging in London (close to Holborn/Russell Square tube). It involves tracking eye movement with a camera during a decision-making task, and it's completely safe and non-invasive (UCL ethics: 5506/0001).

So for anyone with an 11-15 year old based in/near London, please consider asking your son/daughter if they'd like to sign up! If you want to know more information about the study, who we are or what we do, please don't hesitate to ask. smile

-Freya

AllotmentyPlenty Thu 10-Nov-16 17:29:39

Does it matter if the child has a mild squint?

Imsickofnamechanging Thu 10-Nov-16 17:35:23

What is the date when the participant would have to come to the Wellcome trust?

ResearchStudent91 Thu 10-Nov-16 23:45:02

A mild squint is absolutely fine, as long as they'd be comfortable looking at a computer screen for 20 minutes at a time.

The date can be arranged by your preference: we're happy to arrange sometime this month, weekends as well as weekends so no school need be missed. The details can be arranged over email.

AllotmentyPlenty Sat 12-Nov-16 23:07:20

Potentially sounds very good. What are the contact details?

TinPanAli Sat 12-Nov-16 23:44:15

Very interested, have PM'd you.

TinPanAli Sun 13-Nov-16 07:56:52

LOL, I said in my PM that my son is 25, he isn't, he is 15!
PM'd you again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now