Campsite Friends

(5 Posts)
user1478526227 Mon 07-Nov-16 13:59:53

I'm working on an app provided by holiday companies, to allow parents to set-up an account to find nearby kids of the same age for their kids to play with on holidays, like in a campsite. It will find children in the nearby area around the same age and with similar interests to your child (e.g. sports, hobbies, etc)
I'd really appreciate any recommendations you may have for features you think this app would need.
Thank You.

Blu Mon 07-Nov-16 21:10:09

It's own self generated hotspot / signal?

Most of the sites we go to have no signal, and no wifi. Rural / forested areas etc.

Also, the kids find each other, tearing about.

Call me paranoid (I am not, usually), and I am sure you have thought of this, but I would want to know how I know who it is on the other end of the app. By the time you have busily told all and sundry that your children have a particular interest in Paw Patrol how do you know who it is that will be waiting by the swings with a RoboPup?

user1478526227 Tue 08-Nov-16 11:33:00

Thank you for your feedback!
I'm a student and for my final year project I've decided to build this app.
The idea is for the actual holiday company to buy the app, so the only way you would get access to it would be to have your unique booking id. The holiday providers would have all the other users information, so the holiday providers would know exactly who is using the app and that they actually have kids to register.
Any more feedback or ideas for features would be a great help!

TheSconeOfStone Tue 08-Nov-16 20:52:52

To be honest the joy of camping holidays with children is the freedom to make their own friends on site. They already have so much technology in their lives. on U.K. Camping holidays we are mobbed by new friends.

Might be useful outside of the uk on a busy site or hotel complex where you might not bump into other English speaking kids just by chance.

Have you considered that holiday companies have kids clubs as one of their selling points and they may therefore consider the app to be unnecessary. I would of thought it would be more useful to people who book independently.

Blu Thu 10-Nov-16 08:44:36

I suspect camping board people won't be your target market as this tends to be people booking independent tent pitches on basic , non-holiday company sites.

Though there are people booking Yelloh, Keycamp type hols in France, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now