PhD research - Participants sought for a study exploring parents’ views relating to the law and the protection it offers to their family’s information privacy

(1 Post)
Outinthewilds Tue 01-Nov-16 15:04:40

Hello,

My name is Claire Bessant. I am a lecturer at Northumbria University and a part-time PhD student at Leicester University. For my PhD I am conducting a study exploring parents’ views relating to the law and the protection it offers to their family’s information privacy. The aim of this study is to explore whether parents consider that the law provides effective protection for their family’s information privacy.
In order to find out more about parent’s views of the law I will be undertaking interviews with a range of parents.
I am currently seeking parents to become involved in this study. Interviews will be taking place between September 2016 and August 2017. Interviews may either be conducted face to face or by telephone. Any person who would describe themselves as a parent is eligible to participate in this study.
My research has received ethical approval both from the ethics committee at Northumbria University’s Faculty of Business and Law and the ethics committee at Leicester Law School.
If you would like to know more then please contact me via email claire.bessant@northumbria.ac.uk I will then be happy to provide you with more detailed information about the study. Please do not worry that emailing me will commit you to participate in this research. Participation is voluntary.
I am also happy to answer any questions.

Thank you so much for your time.

Claire
www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/b/claire-bessant/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now