Opinions Wanted! Your experience of social media and pain relief in labour.

(5 Posts)
MedStudentROSE Sun 23-Oct-16 08:27:30

Hello! I am Rose, I am a final year student doctor and I am writing an essay on social media and how it influences medicine.

I am really really keen to hear from anyone with any opinions on how this site, (or any other social media) has influenced your thoughts on your pain relief choices during labour. Have you looked for threads about pain relief? Do you think what other people said on here influenced your choices? Have you disagreed with what other people have said? Social media good or bad in relation to helping you make your decisions? Any and all opinions welcome! smile

Lovemylittlebear Tue 25-Oct-16 22:10:27

No wouldn't influence by choice making as would look at the research on the pain relief and have made choices based on this in previous and current pregnancies. Eg what has least potential effect on baby. Though I wish I could be more 'buggar it it's fine give me all the drugs' because if I wasn't worried about potential issues I'd take it all smile hope your study goes well!

Machighlands27 Tue 25-Oct-16 22:36:48

Before joining the social media community I felt very strongly about not having any, but to be honest I'm feeling a bit more open to different pain relief after reading so many stories from people's experiences. Could be the fact that labour is much nearer though! Lol

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Oct-16 22:44:34

Hi Rose
I've moved your thread to our request section
From a personal pop:
FWIW : I held out for DC1 and DC2 for pain relief so much so that DC2 was BBA (!)
HTH

ninenicknames Tue 25-Oct-16 22:56:54

Nothing would've influenced me. I was shit scared and just didn't want to be in pain.

So I'd have everything that was on offer, I was 8cm when I went in so could only have gas & air.

Ended up with a epidural & forceps mind you because the toad got stuck & I strangely had no urge to push ......

I regret not trying hard enough to push, but I'd had 29hrs of no sleep. In the end it was a matter of safety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now