Market Research for Charity - Infertility and Miscarriage

(11 Posts)
monkeytree Sat 17-Sep-16 14:14:26

Hi
I know this isn't really the right place to post but I'm looking for a forum with a lot of traffic. I am not trying to sell anything here but I am looking for some advice as to what products to develop for our local charity.

I run a local infertility support group. There is also another organisation locally that supports infertility and miscarriage, offering counselling etc. which is always struggling for funds. I have been in the process of starting a new website all about infertility and miscarriage. Anyhow, I have been extremely fortunate to have a lovely local artist on board with my project who has donated a greeting card from one of her designs to raise funds for our local support group etc. The selected design (put to vote at our local support group) is a woodland scene in lovely blue, green and lavender/purple hues. Thank you for staying with me so far. 100% of the profits will go to charity. We could potentially print this design on to other things the question is what products might sell, the other local organisation has a charity shop so potentially some products could be sold there and maybe a few on-line as well as word of mouth, locally. I was looking to incorporate an online shop as part of the website but I have been told that it is costly to set up an E-shop so haven't really pursued that further at the moment plus postage costs etc.

Please could you take a look at the list below and let me know if any products would appeal to you as gifts for others maybe?

Note books
address book
pens
tea-towels
v-neck t-shirt with narrow print across chest or on pocket
candles
tote bag
coasters
ladies scarf
mouse mat (although I am told this are no longer widely used)

anything else anyone can think of?

Many thanks for taking the time to look at this list. Your feedback would be very much appreciated. The next step would be to look at the production costs. I want to raise as much as possible, having suffered both infertility and late miscarriage myself.

monkeytree Sat 17-Sep-16 15:10:14

forgot to add mug to this list

healthyheart Sat 17-Sep-16 16:20:07

Key fob, photo frame, calendars, jewellery. Good luck.

monkeytree Sat 17-Sep-16 18:20:06

Thank you healthy heart , anyone else got any thoughts on product choice?

Beeeeee Sat 17-Sep-16 19:11:05

Those reusable trolley coins maybe?

KurriKurri Sat 17-Sep-16 19:11:20

From your list I would probably buy notebook, address book, tea towel, coasters, pens, Mug, candle (if it was scented).

I would probably buy packs of the cards themselves if they are pretty - as notelets/greetings cards.

I generally buy my calendars and pocket diaries from charities, and I often buy little bits and bobs - key rings, fridge magnets, bookmarks.

I wish you lots of luck - I've suffered from multiple miscarriages myself (many years ago) it sounds like an excellent charity. smile

Absofrigginlootly Sat 17-Sep-16 19:12:21

Christmas cards!

monkeytree Sat 17-Sep-16 19:39:00

oh yes christmas cards - better get my order in quick! Thank you for all of your responses the more responses I get, the better because I can look at producing the most popular ones. Also, thank you for all of the additional suggestions, it gives me even more scope x

T0ddlerSlave Sat 17-Sep-16 20:27:27

I'd look at getting more designs and producing a calendar.

monkeytree Sun 18-Sep-16 14:04:16

Thank you toddler slave, will look at calendars for next year x

healthyheart Thu 22-Sep-16 18:48:27

Packs of blank notelet cards for general use

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now