*MUMS OF TEENAGERS* Tell us what you think in this survey

(7 Posts)
AmeerahPsy Fri 16-Sep-16 12:42:20

•Do you have a child aged 11-14?

•Would you like to tell us what it’s like to be a mum of a young teen?

I’m studying for a PhD at Warwick University, looking at parenting of families with one child compared to those with two or more children. We’re interested to see how mums today get on with parenting, and would love to know what you think!

All responses are anonymous and confidential, and it should only take you around 20 minutes to fill in our survey.

CLICK HERE TO ENTER SURVEY!

goo.gl/btvc8c

Please feel free to get in touch with me via my details below if you’d like to ask me any questions about this study.

All mothers who complete the survey will be entered into a draw to win a £50 LEISURE GIFT VOUCHER!

Thank you! smile

Ameerah Khadaroo (Supervisor: Dr Fiona MacCallum)
University of Warwick, Department of Psychology, Coventry, CV4 7AL
Email: a.khadaroo@warwick.ac.uk

traviata Fri 16-Sep-16 12:56:18

I started this survey but I stopped halfway for the following reasons:

My DH was born outside the UK, to British English-speaking parents, then moved here when he was 2 years old, so I answered 'no' to the question about whether both parents were born in the UK.
This led to the questions about mixed ethnicity, but they have no relevance to us
I tried to move on and to skip those questions, but the survey would not let me.

I was also unable to go back and change any answers, although I accept this may have been an intentional part of the design.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 16-Sep-16 13:01:17

Why only mums? Are fathers not parents?

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 16-Sep-16 13:06:11

'I punish my child by putting my child off somewhere'
Can you explain that please? It doesn't make sense.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 16-Sep-16 13:07:23

And why do you keep lumping scold with criticise? They're two completely different things and are mutually exclusive.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 16-Sep-16 13:20:20

I'm back again. That's an appallingly bad questionnaire. Are you English? Did you seek help with this? I ask because of some of the odd questions and terms used. Curse? Would we curse our children? Do you know what that means here? Also if they're off to college how can they prefer to go to school? They've finished school if yhebe home to college.
I agree with the pp about the questions after where you were born. I was born abroad. Some of my children were. This IS my 'native' punter and language.
Seriously - this is a bizarre set of questions. Especially for someone at your level of education.
You need to re do this questionnaire and get help if need be.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 16-Sep-16 13:20:55

Country and language.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now