Work & Pensions Commons Select Committee - inquiry into Child Maintenance Service

(2 Posts)
childmaintenanceserviceinquiry Wed 31-Aug-16 22:49:55

There is a Parliamentary inquiry from the Work & Pensions Sub Committee on the effectiveness of the CMS, the deadline for written submissions is 5th Sept. There are specific guidelines on what they are looking at. It would be great if you could send in your experiences to the following email E17SP@yahoo.com by SUNDAY 4th Sept. All responses are being collated by a mum (not me) who has had problems dealing with CMS. None of the national organisations seem to be submitting responses so she is doing this to get individual voices across. Any further info on your experiences dealing with them, eg specific problems (changing bank accounts, self employment, non-declaration of income, etc). Please state whether you are happy to use your real name.

www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/news-parliament-2015/child-maintenance-launch-16-17/

The Committee invites written submissions addressing the following points:
1. How well is the CMS performing for children and parents? How could it be improved?
2. What problems do parents face – both for the parent with care and the non-resident parent?
3. Are levels of child maintenance set correctly?
4. What powers does the CMS have and how effectively are they used? How effective is enforcement action?
5. What will happen to CSA arrears or unresolved cases when parents move to the new CMS?
6. How might the CMS deal with any weaknesses or loopholes in the old CSA system?
7. Are there any opportunities for Government departments to work together to ensure regular payment?
8. Is there any international evidence on ways of ensuring parents regularly contribute to their children’s maintenance payments?"

I contacted Mumsnet about this consultation and this is where they suggested I post.

childmaintenanceserviceinquiry Thu 01-Sep-16 09:12:42

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now