MSc dissertation study exploring birth experience and early parenting: Looking for mums with a baby aged 0 - 12 months

(6 Posts)
infantfeedingswansea Mon 13-Jun-16 12:50:04

We are looking for mums with a baby aged 0 - 12 months to complete a survey exploring their birth experience and how they feel being a new mum.

The study is led by Laura Knight, MSc student at Swansea University and supervised by Dr Amy Brown.

The study asks for some questions about your recent birth, and how you felt about it, alongside some questions exploring concerns, confidence and wellbeing around being a new mum. We hope the research can be used to help support those who might be experiencing stresses at this time. Birth trauma and how it impacts upon being a mum is an under researched and under supported area and we want to change that.

The study has ethics permission from Swansea University Psychology research ethics committee and all responses will remain anonymous and confidential. If you have any further questions please contact Dr Amy Brown at a.e.brown@swansea.ac.uk

The survey link can be found here.

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/beingaparent

Thank you for your time

infantfeedingswansea Wed 15-Jun-16 09:33:07

smile

Roomba Wed 15-Jun-16 09:59:10

I've just asked my sister, who with her 4mo is staying with me, to complete this - and she has.

CottonSock Wed 15-Jun-16 10:01:34

I'll try and remember next month..

RhubarbAndMustard Wed 15-Jun-16 10:10:49

I have completed this but wanted to point out that my answers would have been very different for my first child's birth (which was extremely traumatic). In comparison my ELCS with DS2 was worlds apart and this will have influenced my answers.

KKuta9598 Thu 16-Jun-16 13:10:55

Done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now