Birth Stories: Request for partcipants in academic project £10 for each participant

(2 Posts)
baproject Sat 28-May-16 15:01:38

Dear all,

I am Dr. Ranjana Das, lecturer at the University of Leicester. I have recently won funding from The British Academy for a project titled *“Birth Stories*: The mediation and experiencing of childbirth amongst immigrant and non-immigrant in the UK”. The project will be exploring what kind of expectations women from different cultural backgrounds bring to the moment of childbirth, and their experiences of giving birth in the UK – positive or negative.

I am looking for about 60 participants ideally located in the Midlands and south of England, of whom I would want maybe 10 to be birth professionals like midwives and doulas, and the rest mums who have given birth in the UK in the last 5 years. Amongst this, I would hope to find about half who are not native to the UK and have immigrated here at some point.

You would need to give me 45 minutes of your time, so I can have an interview/chat with you at any location of your choosing. Everything you say will be anonymous, your real name/contact info will never be stored (you don’t have to give me your real names at all actually!) and any publications out of this project (academic articles and books) – will obviously treat everything you say anonymously.

In return for your time, I will be able to provide each participant with a small £10 cash reward – its only a token of appreciation for your time. So if you are interested please get in touch with your age, what you do/did before having a baby, whether you are interested in participating as mum or a birth professional, where you are located, and – if you are a mum, whether you are immigrant to the UK or from the UK. You can PM me here on Mumsnet, alternatively you can email me at my University address rd207@le.ac.uk.

If you want to find out more about me and what I do at work, here is my Staff Page – www2.le.ac.uk/departments/media/people/dr-ranjana-das

Once I have some interest, and can see where everyone is located, we can start diarising some dates. I am looking to do this all over the summer right up till Christmas.

Really hope some of you are interested,

Best, Ranjana

baproject Sun 29-May-16 06:30:53

Bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now