Useful Educational Youtube Videos fro Young Children

(3 Posts)
AlfieDaisy19 Tue 12-Apr-16 15:53:14

Hi

I recently created a couple of Youtube videos to help young children learn the Days of the Week and also Count to 10.

I would be grateful if you could take the time to view the videos and perhaps offer suggestions as to how they could be improved or suggestions for future content.

Im currently working on a Months of the Year video, the theme being a medieval castle type setting with medieval instruments. It'll be in a story style song told my a Bard smile

I do this as a hobby, to be honest it's set me back in my proper work and left me with a backlog of work.

If you enjoy the video could you please thumbs it up on youtube or leave a comment as it will help others find it when searching on youtube.

Again many thanks

Diane

youtu.be/jhXjx8-xSWU

youtu.be/6MbsF2zdPCo

Bluecarrot Tue 12-Apr-16 16:24:53

I think being successful on YouTube takes a lot of work, so don't neglect your day job just yet.
Honestly, I've watched quite a few with my daughter (27months) and she navigates away from things that don't interest her and she stayed less than 10 seconds for each video.
I watched them on my own too. The numbers one was hard to listen to, the days of the week was better. I preferred the second verse of counting one that was (almost) all farm related, matching the background.
I'd put some more thought into presenting the written word/numbers. The number balloons, I think, should be in order. The days of the week the same. It's confusing how it is now.
Otherwise, visually entertaining for the toddler-preschool age group.

AlfieDaisy19 Tue 12-Apr-16 16:44:18

I tried a couple of different styles of music, The Days of the week being a bit low tempo and easy going then a bit more up tempo with the Count to 10 song.

I understand where you are coming from with the word placement and will give more consideration to this in the future. Part of the problem is getting the words up on screen long enough.

So for example on the days of the week song I did them in pairs to allow more exposure to the written words, the style of singing/ song structure encourages learning them in pairs also. I can see how-ever that this would be confusing to read for a young child.

Apologise to your daughter from me for producing something that doesn't interest her grin

Thank you for the feedback, it was very well thought out and useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now