Did you talk about your miscarriage?

(1 Post)
AliceElfer Fri 08-Apr-16 14:32:53

Research Participants Needed!

Have you recently had a miscarriage? What was your experience of talking (or not talking) about it to others?

I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist at University College London and I am undertaking some research looking at women’s experience of support following a miscarriage.

I am interested in whether or not women talk about their miscarriage to those around them, for example, to their partner, friends, family or a support group. I am also interested in women’s accounts of how people respond to them, including both helpful and unhelpful things that people have said. I’d like to hear about a range of experiences, including when women have told no-one.

We are inviting women (over the age of 21) to participate if they have had a first trimester miscarriage in the last two years but more than three months ago.

If you decide to take part I will ask you to meet with me to discuss your experiences of receiving support. The meeting will last about an hour and a half, and will either take place at UCL or somewhere of your choice.
If you are interested in participating in the study or would like further information, please contact me:

Alice Elfer, Clinical Psychology Trainee <alice.elfer.14@ucl.ac.uk>

Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology
University College London
Gower St
London WC1E 6BT
Telephone: 020 7679 5962

Or visit our Facebook page -

www.facebook.com/MiscarriageResearch/

Thank you for considering taking part in this study.

This study has been approved by the Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology Ethics Chair
Project ID No: CEHP/2015/530

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now