Can you find infant and toddler hard soled shoes?

(14 Posts)
Apricots14 Sat 20-Feb-16 14:43:02

I'm wondering how many people are looking for infant and toddler hard-soled shoes UK sizes 0.5-4 (EUR16-20).

What sort of these shoes do you look for? Eg t-straps, wellies, leather, suede, good design, high quality?

Do you have trouble finding this sort of shoes for children under 2, particularly those who have just started walking?

Where do you look for/buy this type of shoes?

How much do you generally look to spend? smile

JasperDamerel Sat 20-Feb-16 14:46:21

No. I only wanted soft soled shoes for my children when they were little, and ended up spending a fortune on soft soled shoes for them once they hit preschool age.

Apricots14 Sat 20-Feb-16 15:06:29

Thanks Jasper. Just to clarify, by "hard-soled," I mean hard-wearing shoes that U2s can wear outdoors (rather than the slipper-type booties with a shoe-style design) so includes any footwear with foam/rubber/compressive soles.

Sparklycat Sat 20-Feb-16 15:10:21

I don't get your question...my little girl has had shoes with proper soles for outdoor walking since she was 13 months and a size 3. We could find them everywhere, Clarks, startrite and independent shoe shops who sell the Spanish brands.

JasperDamerel Sat 20-Feb-16 15:40:45

No, no problem finding flexible outdoor shoes for new walkers. Can't you get them in pretty much every shoe shop? For immobile-crawling babies, I used to just put them in waterproof booties if they were in a sling and needed extra protection from the weather.

Pduck Mon 14-Mar-16 18:39:59

Me! I need exactly this for a 16mo who is a size 1.5, all the softer sole pram shoe style ones she's wearing through in a matter of days. I would be happy with any style and would pay similar prices to clarks or startrite

poocatcherchampion Mon 14-Mar-16 18:46:55

We started at eu18 with no problem.

Shoes are meant to be very flexible at that age so your wording is a bit off - especially as you post sounds like you are pitching a business idea.

Jesabel Mon 14-Mar-16 18:50:56

Clarks do baby shoes from a size 2. I can't imagine there are a huge number of babies walking with smaller feet than that.

TipBoov Mon 14-Mar-16 18:52:12

I think OP is doing market research rather than asking where she can buy them!

Notso Mon 14-Mar-16 18:56:13

Never had an issue finding them.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Mar-16 18:59:43

Hi Apricots14,

We're assuming this thread is for research purposes - if so, it really belongs in our NFP Surveys topic. We're going to move it over now.

chantico Mon 14-Mar-16 19:00:59

It does sound like market research, doesn't it?

Clanks and Startrite have the branded end of the market, independent shoe shops and places like John Lewis have other brands, and supermarkets have perfectly good ones at the budget end.

I never had the slightest difficulty in finding early walker shoes.

FelliniMartini Mon 14-Mar-16 19:05:12

DS was fully walking at 8 months and Clarks easily fitted him out with shoes that had appropriate soles for outdoor use. Start-Rite and John Lewis carried the same (teensy) sizes, too.

Gisla Mon 14-Mar-16 19:10:05

Reasonably priced (under £10) wellies in eu size 17 - 18 were impossible to find for my dd this winter. I eventually found a second hand jojo maman bebe pair of ski type boots in a eu size 19 and they had to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now