Developmental study

(6 Posts)
camiblue Mon 10-Aug-15 21:11:58

Hi mothers! I know your time is precious, so please know that I will appreciate your help even more. My sister is a new mother of a beautiful new ginger baby named Reagan. Reagan has changed my family's life in beautiful and unfathomable ways by bringing us all closer. A result of my new favorite human, is my recent interest and investment in developmental psychology. I am a postgraduate student writing my dissertation on the subcategories of attachment and parenting. I am hoping to add to the body of research of developmental psychology by expanding our knowledge of how age affects our parenting, how attachment affects parenting, and the intergenerational effects of parenting and attachment.
In the interest of honesty, this isn't a quick minute 2 minute survey, it is more like 10 minutes of needing to be comfy on the couch while the house is quiet. Right now I have 20 participants but require 150 for the dissertation. Once my study is finished I promise to try to get the results up on mumsnet for all of you mums interested!
Here is the link:
surveymonkey.com/r/blue_attachment_parenting

Please know that your involvement would not only help me greatly, but would mean the world to me.

Abetes Mon 10-Aug-15 22:16:48

Would like to help but the survey doesn't seem to be working. I have filled in page 4/9 twice and pressed continue but that takes you back to the beginning and wipes out all the responses. Happy to complete it when it is fixed tho! Was trying to do it on an iPhone if that helps identify the issue.

Saracen Tue 11-Aug-15 02:01:42

I didn't have any trouble with it. I did it on a PC.

Saracen Tue 11-Aug-15 02:03:33

I did think some of the questions should have allowed a "not applicable" response. If I hadn't been grown up with two parents in my life, I wouldn't have known how to answer many of the questions.

kaftanlady Tue 11-Aug-15 02:18:23

Question 10 - should neutral be at 3? It seems an odd place to have it at 4.

Also i'm not sure if you mean my current partner of partners in general?

I would like to be closer and have more communication with my current partner but he finds it really tough to open up and communicate. Some of the questions are phrased in such a way that it seems I don't want to be open and communicative with my partner when that's not the case at all - I am reflecting a situation i'm in, rather than my actual preferences.

Rainiswet Tue 11-Aug-15 02:51:04

I can't seem to click the link. I'm on my phone though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now