MMR Vaccine - Compulsory YES or NO

(10 Posts)
loobie01 Mon 17-Mar-14 13:18:24

Hi All,
I am currently studying at college to go on to do a children's nursing degree. I have to write a dissertation by Easter on MMR. So I would be very grateful if you can answer the following question;

Should the MMR Vaccine be Compulsory?
Yes or No

Please also feel free to leave any thoughts on this topic

If you could also take the time to answer a 10 question survey on the subject I would be very grateful.

<a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JYHBPLC">Click here to take survey</a>

MexicanSpringtime Tue 29-Apr-14 22:28:33

No, no vaccination should be compulsory.

meditrina Tue 29-Apr-14 22:27:51

I do not think any medical intervention should be compulsory.

Consent (unless detained under the Mental Health Act, or unconscious in a life/death situation) is a vital concept and should not be eroded.

MrsC1966 Tue 29-Apr-14 22:24:10

Wow, andersonsophie - great answer!

MrsC1966 Tue 29-Apr-14 22:22:51

No. We live in a free country and it should stay that way. Single vaccinations should be offered to those parents who decline the MMR.

andersonsophie89 Tue 29-Apr-14 22:15:04

No it shouldnt be. The option of the parent not choose to take the MMR seperately rather than in one shot should be available free on the NHS. As tax payers, we should be given the option to choose, not forced to ether get it free on NHS or pay £100 to get seperately.

The medical body admitted that they dont know if the vaccines are safe or not. This is because maybe after getting the vaccine, one might be immune to that desease but may open the door to other untreatable illneses. Also the ingredients used have been proven to be dangerous.
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/01/more-parents-waking-up-to-vaccine-dangers.aspx

Also what ever desease they are trying to vaccinate against, the data shown that cases dropped 90-97% before vaccines were introduced. In addition, when you compared the countries who introduced the vacinnes to those who didnt. The ones who didnt enforce vaccination in their populatin, continue to see a decrease in the number of cases. Therefore this raises the case, how effective it is? Why is it being pushed?
topdocumentaryfilms.com/vaccine-nation/

The question is why arent the doctors/ nurses and other health pofessional taught the dangers, as well as benefits of vaccines. So that they can rightly inform us so that we as parents make a informed decision. For example if you say to your midwife why, "Each of these injections contains neurotoxins such as aluminum, formaldehyde, aborted fetal tissue, animal by-products, heavy metals, and many others." They would not be able to answer you. Nor would your doctor. If you have a doctor who can, please give me details and I would would love to change.

topdocumentaryfilms.com/war-on-health/

CPtart Mon 17-Mar-14 14:32:51

No. Mine are vaccinated and as a nurse I vaccinate, but compulsory, no.
I am encouraged to have a flu jab each year but decline.

booboo08 Mon 17-Mar-14 13:50:54

I think the combined MMR vaccine shouldn't be compulsory. Parents should have the choice of having them done as a single. The NHS should consider this, and not make parents feel guilty about what they choose to do for their child.

I personally am very weary of the combined MMR, that I took my 13 month old to a private doc and had he's measles jab done

No (mine are vaccinated, BTW). Freedom of choice/slippery slope.

hotcrossmums Mon 17-Mar-14 13:22:18

no. freedom of choice.http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/start-here-2/
Everything you need to know by medical professionals about why vaccine isn't always a good idea. Good luck with the assignment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now