What do you do to keep your gps entertained?!

(7 Posts)
Millimat Sun 27-Nov-16 08:09:16

Ours come out for a play every day, we set up boxes and tunnels for them. They have cuddles every day. But what else can we do?
I see pictures that people have their gps roaming free in the living room, but ours would get stuck under furniture (& ruin the carpet with their wee confused).

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 27-Nov-16 10:24:18

grin

DD shows me a Youtube video of guineapigs in a house/flat (I think USA not sure) they jump from one carpet to another across a bit of shiney wooden floor. Then accept a treat and pootle back to their fleece area with all the igloos.
There's one which scootles along under a box like a tiny cavy tortoise .

Mine have their tunnels , bags, boxes which they pee in (of course)

Parsley bell hung up to pick at.

I'm planning for when I'm away after Christmas and DD will be on duty . I've asked her if she wants to just keep them inside (she said she does smile ) so they'll need a play area. Maybe a towel in the bath and lots of tunnelly baggy boxey things......just no water grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 27-Nov-16 10:26:19

I wouldn't let mine free range until they can control their bladders (which they could do, they don't pee on us) , control their random droppings (they won't) and curb the desire to chew.

That'll be a "No" then smile

FernieB Sun 27-Nov-16 12:36:19

Mine have a daily play in the kitchen with boxes etc. I couldn't let them free range, they just don't have the bladder control and are too chewy. Current Bun has free range but he's toilet trained and is very reliable. He also chooses not to venture far, preferring snoozing under a chair to wandering about.

EastMidsGPs Mon 28-Nov-16 18:45:04

In the spring summer they play out every chance they can .. well when I say play they sit and munch grass. This is in a frame if we're not about but free range when we are in the garden.

Now it's winter they are in the utility room. I put a blanket down everyday along with their tunnel and cardboard 'house'. They generally go and sit under a footstool we have in there hmm and if I don't move them quickly have a wee and poo.
Tbh they don't move about much these days. Mollie is getting quite elderly in her ways, and I think a bit forgetful.
Sadie has finally calmed down, H as a bit of a gallop around and then snoozes.
They get cuddles around 4 o'clock to watch Escape to the Country or Flog It.
Saturday they prefer SkySports with DH. Sadie listens intently to Geoff Spelling and the ex Arsenal Scots person. Mollie is meh but never refuses a cuddle.

FernieB Mon 28-Nov-16 19:31:19

The thing mine found most entertaining today was watching me trying to fill their food bowl whilst avoiding treading on currentbun who was dancing round my feet! They were both right up against the bars of their cage enjoying my performanceconfused.

They also enjoyed playing 'wheek at the fridge' whilst having their run in the kitchen. This involves dashing up to the fridge then wheeking loudly as though they're being attacked by eagles which attracts my attention. Then they have to look as sad and mournful as they can. The winner is whichever one manages to get me to open the salad drawer.

EastMidsGPs Mon 28-Nov-16 20:00:52

gringrin

Today we've played 'to me to you' with the sprigs of parsley. From Morrisons with very long stalks that we didn't like, so rejected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now