I feel so guilty

(8 Posts)
deaney14 Sat 08-Oct-16 22:50:30

Yesterday I had to give my rabbit away, two of my buns bonded as soon as they met and never once had a fight until the other night when my male bun viciously attacked my female..her leg was ripped right down the inside of her leg and couldn't walk, I had to take her to the vet but got given antibiotics and as I got home I took him back to the pet store and I just miss him I keep feeling as if it was the wrong decision and can't stop crying..I'm a animal lover so naturally I just wanted to protect my female bun and she does seem more relaxed although I think now she probably feels lonely..and I keep thinking I bet he misses her although it's to late to change it.

Jaimx86 Sun 09-Oct-16 22:09:01

I'm sorry that's happened to you sad Did the vet/store offer an explanation for the aggressive behaviour?
Hope Ms Bun is doing well today.

deaney14 Mon 10-Oct-16 02:13:40

They never told me just said sorry and if my female bun needs surgery they will cover it for me, even if she needs it in future. She's doing better, starting to use her leg more when given antibiotics she's to be seen by the vet on Wednesday so hope it's loads better she's so brave.

OlennasWimple Mon 10-Oct-16 02:20:38

sad

Guinea pig for company?

fortifiedwithtea Mon 10-Oct-16 09:35:21

No shock don't get a guinea pig. It will not be any company. Different dietary needs and many a bun has injured or killed a guinea pig.

You've done the best you can for Mrs Bun. Let her heal first, then make a decision about getting her a companion.

Hopefully bunny experts will be along soon to help.

Jaimx86 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:21:06

Ms Bun is gorgeous! What a lovely pic! How is she today?

DailyMailPenisPieces Tue 18-Oct-16 13:42:55

How long had they been together? We bonded ours really slowly - over about a month - would that help with another one?

pipsqueak25 Sun 23-Oct-16 17:01:52

ms bun is lovely, i have a female bun who had a litter before i 'rescued' her and she was very maternal, so i gave her a toy rabbit to look after, she washes it and makes nests for it, may be not the ideal situation but it seems to work for her plus the fact she lives indoors, might be an ideafor you, but certainly not a guinea pig hutch mate piggies often end up getting peed on and bullied. the fact that piggies squeek upsets buns as buns don't tend to make a noise unless they are in extreme pain or sometimes dying. this sqeeking could distress your girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now