Does your hamster only sleep in its bed?

(11 Posts)
RozzlePops Tue 04-Oct-16 21:49:17

My new Syrian hamster sleeps in all corners of her bed and on the bars of the upper levels. Is this normal?

RozzlePops Tue 04-Oct-16 21:52:14

Fast asleep on the bars.

All my hamsters have done that, one used to fall asleep in the wheel!

RozzlePops Tue 04-Oct-16 22:08:11

Ok good, thank you. I was paranoid as I read somewhere about the curling up and dying.

SuburbanRhonda Sat 22-Oct-16 19:51:09

My 2-year-old Syrian hamster always sleeps in her bed, except for today, when I found her curled up in a ball in the middle of the cage. She was very cold and when I picked her up she let out piercing screech which was awful to listen to. DS made her a hot water bottle and we wrapped her in a towel and placed her on top of it. After about half an hour she had warmed up again and was eating snacks. She screeched several times while she was warming up.

She's done this once before -when I found her staggering around her cage. I googled it and she was trying to hibernate only they can't and usually die if they're not found in time. Very stressful and I hope she doesn't do it again when I'm out of the house sad

velourvoyageur Mon 24-Oct-16 16:14:30

So cute OP!

I save egg boxes for mine, and he's usually curled up in it. Or he'll doze on me when I'm Netflixing etc and I feel very honoured! Current obsession is fitting onto my foot. He often slips off in his sleep grin

I just love these little creatures.

cauliflowercheese14 Mon 24-Oct-16 23:28:49

Mine has only ever slept in her bed. I thought they were very particular about their nests?

StarryIllusion Sun 30-Oct-16 14:21:24

Nah mine sleeps in his bowl sometimes. Weirdo lol

Blueberry234 Sun 30-Oct-16 14:23:08

Mine sleeps in the tubing in his cage

Bertucci Sun 30-Oct-16 14:24:22

Our 2 year old only sleeps in his bed.

ILoveAutumnLeaves Wed 16-Nov-16 03:32:20

Our wee girl mostly sleeps in her 'bed' but she'll fall asleep in her play bin or occasionally in her tubes. Once I couldn't wake her up, I thought she was dead 🙁 Little bugger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now