So, did you know today is Guinea-Pig Appreciation Day?

(19 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 16-Jul-16 22:16:41

I got an email (at about 9pm, my piggies are incandescent because I've missed the chance to appreciate them today grin )

So, my piggies welcomed a nice breakfast and had their windows opened.
Then about 3pm they went out to graze and just went to bed (and supper) about 9.45pm.

When I looked out, the two alpha sows (GP4 and GP7) were pootling about on the grass in the twilight.

I appreciate you piggies.
I'm so very glad you came to live with us. I hope we have enhanced your lives as you have all certainly enhanced ours.

Happy Guinea-Pig Appreciation Day from the "70" Pigs.

froubylou Sat 16-Jul-16 22:24:27

Aww happy gpad!

My rubble.pig if feeling very unappreciated. He is still excluded from the marital bed and stropping up and down the ramp chuntering to anyone who will listen.

Trevor pig and babies are pretty happy though so that's good. And both babies have new homes lined up too.

And I collected boy baby pigs new companion today. He was a spare baby boy piggy my sister had and she didn't want to risk acastration. So he is moving next door in the huge indoor hutch they have bought and then my boy baby will go too. Girl baby will go to my sister to keep her mummy pig company. Rubble will be parted from his nuts and move back in with Trevor.

Gp tetras here lol.

Dairybanrion Sat 16-Jul-16 22:27:26

I'm thinking of getting 2.
Could I pm somebody?
TIA

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 16-Jul-16 22:56:51

Dairy start a "I want to get two guinea pigs, advice please" thread and we;'ll all pile in grin

Dairybanrion Sat 16-Jul-16 23:53:18

Will I?
I might...

Dairybanrion Sat 16-Jul-16 23:58:39

Sorry, feel like a muppet.
Sure never realised there was small pets forum , including lots about guineas.
Will read there.
Thank you. smile

EastMidsGPs Sun 17-Jul-16 07:30:58

We showed our appreciation for our piggies by giving them a bath confused

Not sure they felt very appreciated, but it had to be done. Sadie was green (again sigh) and to put it politely both of them wiffed more than a bit.
We'll appreciate them today smile

FernieB Sun 17-Jul-16 07:37:39

I appreciated my boys by having them out for big cuddles on the sofa. Ginger reciprocated by peeing on meblush.

FernieB Mon 18-Jul-16 11:43:52

After my boys complete disregard for me on their special day, I did some googling and found that National Pet Owners Day is the last Sunday in April. Missed it for this year, but I'm expecting them to remember next year and treat me nicely all daygrin. They should clean my house, make my dinner etc.

Currentbun has to wait until 24th September for his day, although I think he's over appreciated every day and is thoroughly spoilt (he thinks he's neglected).

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 18-Jul-16 14:25:40

Current Bun will have RAW (Rabbit Awareness Week) , I'm guessing its to remind Rabbit Slaves to get teeth checks and vaccines.

The pigs are raging (yes , they would be raging if they CBA ) that bunnies get "A whole Wheek to be aware of" and they get A Day.

There's the Guinea-Pig Festival too, but they're bodyswerving that one grin

My piggies are out in the run (I swopped a work day) totally ingoring the new water bottles I bought them and just larding till it gets cooler.

DD goes and cuts grass and leaves for them (I tell her they're sitting on grass hmm ) but her furbabies like the grass she gives them better.

Little git peeing on you <<tsk>> , I was cuddling GP4 last night, she did a few dropping (fine) and held her bladder till she went to the carry box. (Good Girl)
Then GP5 sat in it <<sigh>>

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 18-Jul-16 14:28:07

Hmm funny enough National Pet Owners Day didn't get mentioned here either ........................glares at pigs. I'm sure the Rodents With Attitude site would've sent them a reminder .....................

FernieB Mon 18-Jul-16 19:42:49

Current bun detests RAW. It usually means he's dragged to the vets for unnecessary poking and prodding. He'd far rather have an Appreciation Day and is happy to swap with the pigs particularly as no-one seems to appreciate him ... Ever!

hugoagogo Mon 18-Jul-16 19:45:26

This thread is disappointing, where are the photos?

agnesf Mon 18-Jul-16 19:50:37

I appreciated Beyonce by giving her a bath. Think she liked it as long hair not an asset in hot weather. Now she is bedraggled but cooler. Has spent the day slumped on the lawn underneath shady area of the run.

2 young'uns frisking around like normal. B is not impressed.

MsMermaid Mon 18-Jul-16 19:58:14

I appreciate ginger and ninja every day by cutting lots of grass for them and g getting loads of strange looks s as I'm doing it.

They also get to come and sit on dd2 knee after dinner every night. They enjoy that as she gives them treats of carrot or grass.

EastMidsGPs Mon 18-Jul-16 20:38:40

3 cuties together smile

KittensandKnitting Mon 18-Jul-16 20:39:45

I came here for pictures - I am not disappointed!

What gorgeous little things smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 18-Jul-16 21:55:37

I will get some photos of our judgey hogs in their runs tomorrow.

They sulk being in the Pighouse , then when they go out , they plant themselves in their Rabbit Hutch (we have two runs and two ajoining hutch/houses).

Today they discovered the water bottles and actually drank from them grin

Lovely photo of Ninja,Ginger and your DD. mermaid. Guinea-pigs don't care about the confused looks your neighbours give you when you cut grass. Mine are used to me cutting grass in December with scissors, muttering about the state of the lawn...........

MsMermaid Mon 18-Jul-16 23:49:53

It's my neighbour's lawn I cut blush I did ask them first. We don't have a lawn but I have started growing grass in trays, so I can just give them a tray per day, they aren't quite long enough yet for ginger and ninja. They are going on holiday to a friend's house next week while we are away on holiday and will get to go outside on a lawn, they will love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now