My one-eyed rattie and his new prosthetic eye....

(7 Posts)
RattieOfCatan Mon 23-May-16 20:05:40

Howl is thrilled with it grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 23-May-16 20:53:35

Aye Aye <<BaBoom Tish>>

He looks a tad startled at the toothpaste "Man, this tastes a bit like pesto"

You need to get him a closed eye for winking too.

Unlike the PDSA , I'm cool with dressing up little mammals, if they're okay with it (eyes scars on hands from last Christmas Hat Photo Debacle)

RattieOfCatan Mon 23-May-16 21:17:19

Haha, I'll keep an eye out for winky eyes ;)

The eye didn't bother him at all, he got annoyed at me just after this shot because I took it off to rearrange it so it didn't go back on. If they were ever uncomfortable about something I'd stop doing it. I didn't realise that the PDSA had a stance on it really!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 23-May-16 21:39:53

We tuck the guinea pigs ears forward (just holding them, not stapled wink ) to make them look like rats (they wish ), then they shake their heads when it's enough.

Their ears are thin skin, like geranium leaves and my GP especially looks quite demonic with little pointed lugholes .

You do know that all the females will want disguises too.........................

RattieOfCatan Tue 24-May-16 07:12:21

Rat ears are quite thin too so I get what you mean smile

I need to finish an eyepatch for Howl before I work on the girls disguises wink He's got more imminent time issues!

fortifiedwithtea Tue 24-May-16 12:26:19

Oh dear I feel a bit bad for laughing grin grin grin

RattieOfCatan Tue 24-May-16 12:36:45

It's alright, I laughed so hard I cried grin He lost his eye over two years ago now so he's not bothered at all, his brother poked it out when they were about 3 months old! That was an expensive emergency vet trip!

Ironically, his brother had to have his [opposite] eye removed in November and had he survived the op they would have had a pair between them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now