I have 2 baby piggies

(10 Posts)
froubylou Wed 04-May-16 20:22:03

Or rather toddler ds does. Wasn't planned but we aquired a little rescue piggy on sunday. We think he is only about 5 weeks old and previous owner has had him a week. He is fit and healthy but very small. He is eating everything in sight though so will son catch up. He is called Trevor.

And today I went and picked him a little friend up. He is 8 weeks old and twice the size of Trevor and his name Rubble.

They have a brand new hutch outside. I would love them to be indoor piggies but have a whippet who would also love to have them indoors. I do have a shed if the weather gets really bad.

I luffs them both already but especially little Trevor.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 04-May-16 21:51:34

<<Squeeeee>> piglets. grin

They are your piggies BTW, you will be the Pig Slave to these adorable new babies. (And this includes worrying about their food, is their diet varied enough, are they poohing and peeing, are they warm enough/cool enough) ' tis worse than DC sometimes.

Did you bond them in neutral territory (please say yes) .
Boars are lovely ,snuggly, IMO much cuddlier than sows (sorry sows but you know it's true wink ), but there are things to consider when your pigs hit "The Terrible Teens" (3-6 months so a way off) mainly that they need SPACE.

You could use your shed as a safe place area, away from the whippetty one and get your DS to make some hidey boxes (two doors) and paper bags (cut the handles off some Primark bags) full of hay to play in.

What colours and coat types are they ? Different types will be different sizes you might find Trevor overtakes his older cagemate.

Photos <<taps foot>> are compulsary smile

LittleRedTealight Wed 04-May-16 21:54:31

Ooooh, baby piggies! Can we have photos pleeease? grin

froubylou Wed 04-May-16 22:28:20

Yes it was neutral territory. Trevor had been in the new hutch for about an hour before we brought Rubble home. And Rubble came home in a pet carrier Trevor had lived in for a couple of days so he probably smelt quite Trevorish lol. And they went in bottom half first which is all mesh so I could check for any handbags at dawn.

I have a feeling they will spend a fair bit of time bombing around the living room. Whippet crates and am buying some little padlocks so no one can accidentally let her out as keys will be up my arse!

Trevor is mainly ginger and white with one dark patch. Rubble is black white and ginger. They are quite furry without being long haired iyswim.

And am already worrying Trevor is cold. He has spent the last couple of nights at the side of my bed in his temporary accommodation.

I might have had him in bed with me for half an hour this morning. Dp might have a bit of Piglet poo on his side.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 05-May-16 19:55:17

Aww there are worse things in life than some piglet poo in your bed.
When we got piglet GP3 , he and GP1 spent the night in DD room , I was woken by a tiny baby piggie grin

As long as they are draught free and weatherproof in the hutch, and have lots of soft clean dry hay to bed in , they'll be snuggly.

Prepare to guinea proof everything chewable . One reason ours don't go on the floor, DH has miles of cables for TV and PC. He'd be hmm

MsMermaid Sat 07-May-16 16:12:25

Congratulations on your little piggies!

I have 2 baby piggies too, mine are 7 weeks old and they've been with us a week now. The whole family love them to bits and I'm sure yours will be well loved too.

Have you got any pictures?

SisterViktorine Sat 07-May-16 17:22:22

Here are my new piggies- Pickle and Peanut.

They are not babies- more like 4-5 months old- because they were in the 'nobody wants me' cells in Pets at Home. sad

We want them though and they are amazing. So, so friendly already. I was laid in their run with them earlier and Pickle cam and gave me a kiss on the cheek! Adorable little fluff-balls.

froubylou Sat 07-May-16 17:41:52

I keep trying to post photos but it won't let me!

Piggies are adorable. They are still a little shy but coming out of their shell a little now. And my sister came to visit Trevor yesterday and thinks he has grown lots so that's good too.

Have a little pile of goodies to take out for them when ds has gone to bed. I have to watch Rubble though. He got red pepper juice all over his face the other day and.needed a wipe. 😂😂

minatiae Sat 07-May-16 17:52:03

Until I saw the pic of the Guinea Pigs I completely thought you had got two actual pig piglets

Lovelongweekends Sat 07-May-16 17:55:12

Me too minatiae!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now