eating grass after lawn mowing

(9 Posts)
987flowers Mon 18-Apr-16 18:16:26

Just wondered what the time was that you can release the beasts once you have mown?

Thanks

FernieB Mon 18-Apr-16 20:03:27

What kind of mower do you have? I might be a bit iffy about them if it was petrol. I have an electric mower and my boys go straight out on the lawn and they're fine. You do have to make sure that you don't leave the grass clippings on the lawn as they shouldn't eat those.

987flowers Mon 18-Apr-16 20:43:32

Thanks, it is a petrol mower. I think I'm going to ask dh to leave a pig patch!

FernieB Tue 19-Apr-16 08:26:43

I'd leave a pig patch anyway as they love the longer grass and will very quickly cut it down to 'golf course' level themselves.

987flowers Tue 19-Apr-16 17:00:55

We are just wondering if we can get away without mowing the lawn and just moving the pigs grin

EastMidsGPs Tue 19-Apr-16 17:24:51

Although i always ask nicely my pair never mow in straight lines ! smile
They've just been out for an hour, yet again Sadie has now got a green mouth and chin sigh

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 19-Apr-16 22:19:17

We have an electric mower, it does an okay job of mowing because it isn't fussy leaving clumps of inedible plants.DH seems to pride himself and the Bosch in their garden skills, but always moves the run to a fresh patch and mows round it, otherwise he'd never hear the end of it.
But it doesn't leave neat little pellets of fertiliser on the lawn like the Cavy Mowers.

Our lawn looks like weirdy rectangular crop circles when the Pigs are in full grass mode.

They aim to go out tomorrow if it's nice,

FernieB Tue 19-Apr-16 22:55:33

My boys have been out most of today - gorgeous day todaysmile. They were a bit miffed that I used the mechanical Guinea pig on the lawn instead of just leaving them to get the job done. Gingerpig was so sulky that he went on strike, refused to mow and instead slept for 2 hours in the sun.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 20-Apr-16 17:48:50

The 70 hogs are currantly scowling at NDN mindees (she's a CM) and looking fierce eating grass.

well as fierce as you can look hiding in a cardboard box grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now