Trained Pigs?

(7 Posts)
FernieB Wed 16-Mar-16 16:34:39

Feeling rather smugwink. My piggies have been very good over the winter and have learnt to 'put themselves away' after rug time in the kitchen. They have a large cat litter tray I use to carry them both plus food bowl to their rug and when I put their boxes away, they've learnt that it's time to go back to,their cage and so have been jumping back into the tray themselves ready to be carried home.

Today, I went to collect them from their run outside and just put the tray down in the run. The little angels promptly jumped into it ready to go home.

I should say that it was getting a bit breezy and cold so they probably didn't want to stay out. If it had been warmer, I'd still be there now trying to catch them.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Wed 16-Mar-16 16:40:43

My bun puts herself to bed.

Her cage is arranged in such a way that she can jump onto a chair, then onto the windowsil and then into her cage. We then close the curtains so she can't get back out.

She can also get herself up in the morning once the curtains are open.

velourvoyageur Wed 16-Mar-16 17:00:46

My mum thinks she's taught her pig to say please hmm grin she says 'carrot?', waits for a brr and then he gets the food. Never mind that he only does it reliably about a third of the time. I've been sent video footage but am still not convinced.
he's probably harrumphing at her in impatient disbelief

aww @ 'little angels'
they're smart little sausages aren't they

FernieB Wed 16-Mar-16 17:43:37

My previous bun put herself to bed as does CurrentBun. Previous bun came when called and did learn to beg when asked to say please. We're fairly sure she thought she was a dog. CurrentBun only does putting himself to bed and going to his basket for a biscuit. Rabbits can be trained quite well when the mood takes them. I didn't think pigs had it in them.

EastMidsGPs Thu 17-Mar-16 16:56:59

Betty and Lulu (past pigs) would respond to 'shed' and go (at their own ambling pace) into their shed after summer play days. They'd also climb onto our hands when told 'hand' to be picked up from the floor.
These 2 know their names but refuse to respond to them .... just get a look of utter disdain☺
However they have of course trained us completely.

FernieB Thu 17-Mar-16 17:32:54

Maybe they've picked their own names East and can't believe you've not guessed them correctly yet!

EastMidsGPs Thu 17-Mar-16 20:34:07

😊😊😊 wouldn't put it past them Fernie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now