Guinea-Pig Wedding :)

(13 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-May-15 17:56:45

Welcome to The Guinea-Pig wedding of GP4,GP5 and GP6.

GP6 came to live with us a month ago (he'd been neutered 2 weeks before) and took up Batchelor Residence in the plastic/metal cage while he quarentined and assumed his sterile status. The ladies have been prowling round him , sussing him out.

Today was very busy. The DC were off school ( inset day) DH took a day off work and I don't work Fridays.
We put them out when it was warm, and completely emptied the Pighouse. Scrubbed the floor, did the Virkon S spray.
Treated them to a nice new haybox (the old one had seen better days) I had bought one of those garden chests to keep their newspaper in, so I got DH to cut a couple of doors in it. Only downside is it might get a bit warm but I can lift the lid/roof up. As it's plastic, it'll be easy to clean and I can move it round when I want to confuse them more grin

We washed them (sows were furious especially GP5 ) . GP6 teddy fur was practically bone dry when we lifted him out the sink smile he must have that non-absorbant fur like GP3.

Then we dried them (cue more judgey faces)
Put them in the paddling pool. Where they peed. And poohed. Alot.
Totally ignored the carefully assembled Pig Wedding Cake.

GP6 rumbled a bit. GP4 and GP5 peed in his direction (which was a shock for him). There was some mutual ear washing going on.
After an hour (and no squabbles) we put them in the Pighouse. It was all different. They wandered round. GP6 tried it on with GP5 so she's sulking in the trug and GP6 /GP4 are in the haybox.

Hopefully they'll be happy with their new arrangements. And hopefully GP6 will quickly learn some etiquette or his card will be marked . (Can't wear his balls as earrings though)

FernieB Fri 22-May-15 18:16:21

Congratulations the 70 pigs on your nuptialsthanksthanks. Glad the day went well, except for the bathing, drying and people moving your stuff aboutconfused. Hope the honeymoon period is just as smooth.

GP6 will have to learn that sows are always right and his opinion doesn't really matter and will largely be ignored, unless they need him to reach something for them.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-May-15 18:37:41

grin he won't be much use for reaching things, he's smaller than GP4 and lighter than GP5. He knows his place in the pecking order (yes, that'll be last)

At least he can shout loud for food .
He let out the most pitiful wheeeeek when he was washed.
"Don't want a bath and you can't make me"

The moving stuff gets them all working in unison against us (DD and I) . Like the Gorgeous Guinea bath (now they're all Lemongrass flavoured) they scowl and mutter that I can't find anything now and when was THIS decided.
But I think they approve of the new haybox smile

ImBrian Fri 22-May-15 19:33:33

Congratulations on the piggy wedding, one oft dippy pigs looks just like yours with the black eye patch.

MsPepsi Fri 22-May-15 22:02:08

Glad it went well ��

FernieB Sat 23-May-15 07:32:39

Just seen the photos (was on the app before and couldn't see them). They're all luffly. The cake looks delicious - my boys would be straight in there and not notice another pig. All your piggies have beautiful markings. They do look a bit grumpy though, presume they're still having bath time sulks.

Hope they're still happy together this morning.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 23-May-15 08:04:56

thanks The cake was given to them for supper (they'd had a bellyfull of grass yesterday) and it's gone now.
I'll get DD to put the piggies on her bed tonight and take some cute photos (though GP6 kissing GP5 is kind of cute? )

See how nice and clean the Pighouse is in photo 1 ?
Looks like a bombs hot it this morning grin.
Hay, bits of food, paper shreddings everywhere and those tunnels have poltergeisted themselves across the floor.

GP6 was coralling the girls and being rumbly this morning.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-May-15 13:12:25

Guineas are all in the big run (first time out grazing all together)

GP6 is wandering about with his bits on view hmm. GP5 (my little pigling) has just bulldozed him out the way atta girl smile

None of them are popcorning (lardy arsed articles)

clippityclop Sun 24-May-15 21:29:16

Congratulations! So glad all went well.

millimat Wed 27-May-15 14:52:48

Aww

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 13-Jun-15 22:12:01

He's been with us for 7 weeks now and they;ve been together for 3 weeks.
He still rumblestrutts round the girls.
They still give him a fisheyed look.

We move everything round in the Pighouse each week to confuse them (it doesn't take much, just moving the haybox is enough)

This morning, I gave them fresh cut grass for breakfast (too wet to graze). GP4 and GP6 sat with their lardy arses blocking the two doors of the haybox, I could see the teeny nose of GP5 poking out trying to decide who she was going to bulldoze.

She shoved GP6 out the way and pinched GP4 grass out of her mouth. grin
Who wears the trousers eh? wink My pig

everygalaxy Thu 18-Jun-15 12:31:59

Aww they are lovely

FernieB Thu 18-Jun-15 22:42:18

They are luffly. I love it when their pigonalities develop.

Gingerpig is becoming a handful. He luffs his Uncle Currentbun and gets very excited when he sees him. Today they were allowed some supervised time together and Currentbun went to say hello. Gingerpig got all overexcited, did a big popcorn and landed in currentbun's waterbowl. Scruffypig is resigned to his nephew's rambunctious behaviour and only gives him a clip round the ear for really naughty things, like taking the biggest piece of cucumber or choosing the best side of the haybox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now