Funny white patch in piggies nose

(6 Posts)
123rd Tue 22-Oct-13 16:46:15

Hi. We have two boys , healthy apart from one Of them has a weird white patch on the top of his nose. Looks like he has scrapped it or has a bit of paper stuck on it. It's not red at all but they do have a tendency to sniff each others behinds. , so I'm worried that it may get infected. Any ideas what it could be?

FernieB Tue 22-Oct-13 17:24:04

Does it look dry and flaky? I've just been googling but with not much success. Could be mites or a fungal thing. I would take him off to the vets for a check up. He could have just had a row with his cage mate but I would get it checked to make sure.

123rd Tue 22-Oct-13 17:34:34

Thanks. I know sometimes "funny things" come and go it has only been there since Sunday and hast spread. If its still there fri. - my day off work I shall take it.

Could be fungally
Could be bacterial
Could be dried on boar-glue (though GP1 gets boarglue on him hmm and it's more waxy (TMI). DD picked some off his snout and it left a bald patch shock )

123rd Fri 25-Oct-13 10:53:36

Ouch! Took piggie to vets. 2 mins on the table and £31 later to be told yeah, possibly a little nip from his brother that's infected. £31!!! That's twice what he cost !!!hmm

FernieB Fri 25-Oct-13 17:25:16

At least he's okay - poor little thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now