decent rabbit runs for Netherland dwarf

(3 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Mon 01-Jul-13 18:30:50

Out little boy is a house rabbit and runs free while I'm home (most of the day) but he is chewing everything! We plan to keep him in his indoor cage at night but are thinking about an outdoor run for the day. Garden isn't huge but want something he can hop around in.
The ones in the local pet shops seem really expensive but cheap looking. Any suggestions?

ValenciaOrange Tue 02-Jul-13 11:33:29

We built our own. Most of the pet shop ones are too small anyway. We used batons and fox proof wire from B and Q.

FernieB Tue 02-Jul-13 12:53:00

How old is he? Buns can be quite naughty until they are older (around 2) then they seem to calm down a bit. Also is he neutered as that can help with chewing. Buns can also be trained (some are better than others) - I successfully trained my previous housebun not to chew using a cheap spray bottle filled with warm water. She did not like being sprayed every time she chewed. Also when he chews something he shouldn't, offer him one of his chew toys instead - eventually he'll get the message.

Some buns (including my Current Bun) are not so receptive to training - luckily he's not a huge chewer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now